On the week before Christmas, Rocky Point gave to us: early whale sightings, spectacular sunsets, meteor showers, several holiday gift drives, ornament decorating, wine nights, Christmas and New Year’s dinner reservations, and a Mermaid’s Market at Shrimp Plaza…all socially distanced and masked to the gills.
We invite you to join in the holiday season by taking part in one or another of the several food, toy, blanket, and coat drives across the community. Be sure to visit our Holiday Giving Guide.
COVID FYI Rocky Point
Please keep in mind Puerto Peñasco anti-covid health guidelines remain in effect, and Sonora is still listed at “high alert” (orange). Border Hours (both ways) 6 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Citywide curfew is 11 pm – 6 am until further notice – (Siren issues two long blasts from atop City Hall) – This includes 11 pm closing of bars / restaurants / clubs
- Masks (nose/mouth coverings) required in vehicles when traveling with 2 or more people.
- Only 1 person per family may enter supermarkets / convenience stores at a time. NOTE: Some grocery stores have early “senior” hours – be sure to ask (generally 7 am – 9 am for adults over 65)
- Masks (nose/mouth coverings) required in all public spaces across Puerto Peñasco. Masks have now been mandated statewide.
- Beach Hours: 6 am – 7 pm / NO GLASS BOTTLES / Pack it in-pack it out (please take your trash) / Masks required when accessing the beach or interacting with vendors, though not in the water (brrrr, really?) or once you’ve claimed your spot on the sand
- Reduced capacities and health protocols remain in effect at area restaurants/bars
- Presently, there is no health filter when coming into town (removed early September)
- Event calendar* Times/events/venues subject to change based on city guidelines
Paint & Sip Sundays at El Tapeo Wine Bar 5:30 pm $25 US
Posole Sundays @ BooBar – Perfect comfort comida for diciembrrre!
Wednesdays – Paint & Sip Club now @ Cookiez Cantina 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm Find them online: https://www.facebook.com/paintsipclubpenasco
Thursday Sunset & Wine Flights @ Margarita Mermaids 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. (In December: 17th & 31st) RSVP to MargaritaMermaidsReservations@gmail.com
Friday Seashell Museum – Every Friday 10 am – 5 pm Info: www.seashellmuseum.com CLOSED CHRISTMAS DAY
Specials @ The Crane at Islas del Mar
Wednesday special “fish tacos”, Thursday Chilaquiles 2 X 1, Sundays Mexican Buffet. HAPPY HOUR daily from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm.
For the Golfers out there!
New tee boxes on every hole challenge golfers in a whole new way!
Tee times: MX 638 383 0032 – 638 114 8974 email: email@example.com
Dec 19th Mermaids Market 10 am – 3 pm @ Shrimp Plaza *Plus – featuring Happy Hour and discounts from 2 pm-3 pm*
Dec 19th Tekila Bar Ugly Sweater Contest 7 pm
Dec 20th Christmas Market 11 am – 5 pm parking lot next to Thrifty’s in the Old Port
Dec 20th 3rd Annual Onesie pub crawl – Departs from Manny’s Beach Club Reserve @ Manny’s
Wrecked in December
Our December calendar looks a little different this year but we are still open Thursday-Monday with live music EVERY Friday-Sunday! We will be closed for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day but c’mon over for a good time on the 26th, doors open at 9am!
Need a gift idea?
Christmas and/or New Year’s dining & holiday options
Mare Blu firstname.lastname@example.org
BooBar – Open Christmas Eve & Christmas Day plus New Year’s – Watch for specials plus don’t forget about Posole Sundays!
Margarita Mermaids – New Year’s Eve – Special menu plus Mexican or Spanish coffee plus live music. Two seatings 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. with a champagne toast at the end of each show. Reservations
Garufa New Year’s Eve
Save the dates and cross your fingers!
Mermaids Market 2021 dates
Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers January Jam 2021 – Moved to Presidents Day Weekend Feb. 12th – 14th Lineups and ticket sales TBA
April 17th Rocky Point Triathlon at Las Palomas We wanted to confirm that we are planning to host the 25th Annual Rocky Point Triathlon at Las Palomas on April 17th, 2021. We feel confident that we will be able to host the event safely and still have a ton of fun as you all expect. For those registered in 2020, you’re automatically registered for 2021. Open registration to begin soon
Be sure to check out the Event Calendar as we continue to update.
Got info on an event?
If you have information you’d like to add, please let us know at email@example.com Office: 638 690 3245, cell: 638 380 8849, or from the US: 480-282-4226 For weekend rundown announcements, please get them to us one week in advance (preferably)…though the earlier the better! Don’t forget to subscribe to RockyPoint360.com to get all our articles and announcements and/or Like us on Facebook at Rocky Point 360
¡Hasta la próxima! #MaskUpRP