¡Ya llegó la primavera! The weather is warming up, beaches are beckoning, and Puerto Peñasco is indeed open. Though we are barely dabbing our toes into Spring, as we anxiously plan for Summer don’t forget tickets for this year’s Circus Mexicus of Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers go on sale today – March 20th!
We’ve already forged through a few weekends of Spring Break, and Semana Santa/Easter is right around the corner. Covid vaccine roll-out for the city’s older population has started, and we’re hoping to hold onto “green” status on the nationwide health alert map – not to mention Sonora’s “Anticipa” map.
So, stay well, get out your calendars and let’s run down what’s up in Rocky Point!
Keep in mind!
- Curfew note: Now through March 28th 11 pm – 6 am Curfew change in effect March 29th – April 4th: Monday – Thursday midnight – 6:00 a.m. / Friday – Sunday 1 a.m. – 6 a.m.
- Masks required in all public spaces in Rocky Point, and if there are 2 or more people in a car
- Reduced capacities at restaurants and businesses still in effect- Some supermarkets only allow 1 person per family
- Negative Covid tests are not currently required when coming/going from Mexico – Local businesses encouraged to provide discounts (at their discretion) to individuals that show proof of Covid vaccine or of a negative Covid test (within 3 days of result)
- Only essential travel indication at US/Mexico/Canadian land borders has been extended until at least April 21st. NOTE: To date, Mexican officials have not enforced this at the Sonoyta entry. However, only US citizens and/or permanent US residents with ID may cross into Lukeville *Some exceptions for medical/education/trade
**Upcoming Events subject to change due to Covid regulations**
Paint & Sip @ El Tapeo Wine Bar (Laos Mar/Best Western) $25 US
Bingo on the Beach @ Manny’s 1 p.m.
Paint & Sip club @ Cookiez Cantina – Reserve a spot and check for weekend opportunities Follow them on FB for dates, times and locations
Wine Night @ Margarita Mermaids Wine Flights & Tastings *Closed April 1st – 4th for Semana Santa
The Seashell Museum (open Fridays) 10 am – 5 pm
Tony Ximenez @ Colin’s Cantina 6 pm – 8 pm
Salsa night w/Agua de Coco @ El Tapeo
Live Music @ Cielito Lindo at Sonoran Sky – Duet CanKarte featuring Karen Aguirre and Canaantzi Gonzalez 6 pm – 9 pm
Rock w/Rojo @ El Tapeo
March music @ Wrecked
March 25th Pairing Dinner @ Fire Pit Meat & Grill
March 26th – 28th The Club at Islas del Mar 1st Annual Golf Tournament
March 26th – 28th AGA Member Weekend Golf Tournament @ Vidanta Golf
Semana Santa vacation (for area schools) begins March 29th Semana Santa (March 29 – April 13) *Easter weekend April 1st – 4th)
April 1st – 2nd Bank Holiday for Easter weekend
April 4th Horse Races @ el Taste Palo Verde de Peñasco
April 9th Luis Fernando Peña @ Manny’s Beach Club 8 pm
April 9th – 11th The Black Moods return to Rocky Point! Limited tickets – on sale at www.theblackmoods.com
April11th Mike Nash trop rock dinner shows @ Margarita Mermaids 5 pm & 8 pm VIP reserved seats $15 US email@example.com
April 17th Mermaids Market Season Finale @ Shrimp Plaza 10 am – 3 pm
April 17th Cornhole Tournament @ Manny’s Beach Club
April 17th Margarita & Tequila Flight Fiestas 5-7 pm No cover / Space is limited firstname.lastname@example.org
April *ROCKY POINT TRIATHLON AT LAS PALOMAS POSTPONED TO 2022*
April 21st – 26th SOB Songwriters Festival – South of the Border
April 24th – 25th Amateur Players Tour 2021 Golf Tournament @ The Links at Las Palomas Beach & Golf Resort
Cinco de Mayo Regatta 2021 April 30th – May 2nd http://www.fleet66.com/#article3
May 1st – 2nd Rocky Point Mexico “Legacy” Doubles Beach Volleyball by Outtatown Productions
May 14th – 15th Tequila 150 by Southern Arizona Desert Racing
June 6th – Election Day (mayor, governor, representatives)
June 10th – 14th Circus Mexicus 2021 – Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers
Save the date!
Manny’s Country Bash 2021 July 16th – 18th
Be sure to check out the Event Calendar as we continue to update.
Got info on an event?
If you have information you’d like to add, please let us know at email@example.com Office: 638 690 3245, cell: 638 380 8849, or from the US: 480-282-4226 For weekend rundown announcements, please get them to us one week in advance (preferably)…though the earlier the better! Thursday deadline to be included in Sunday rundown Don’t forget to subscribe to RockyPoint360.com to get all our articles and announcements and/or Like us on Facebook at Rocky Point 360
¡Hasta la próxima! #MaskUpRP