It finally felt like Fall in Rocky Point this morning (almost…wait, did it?). Foggy streets greeted early risers as people threw open windows and front doors, wondering if this means we’ve really turned the corner on lingering summer humidity.
In a glance at the news, we see the “only essential travel” limit at the US/Mexico/Canada land borders has been extended through Nov. 21st. However, while this measure to prevent the spread of Covid across borders has been announced monthly since late March, it has yet to be enforced by officials at the Sonoyta border when coming into Mexico. *The most important thing is that entry into the US via land is only for US citizens and/or US permanent residents. * NOTE: US border officials may sternly remind you of the “non-essential travel limitation” when returning North to the U.S.
Still, Puerto Peñasco continues to welcome visitors – masked, gelled, and at a social coastal distance – so let’s run down the weekend!
COVID FYI Rocky Point:
- Border hours (both ways) remain modified, with border closure at 8 pm daily. U.S. limitation on “non-essential” travel extended to Nov. 21st. Impact is mostly on northbound travelers (US citizens and US permanent residents only – or for essential medical/education/commerce purposes). REMAIN ALERT TO BORDER HOURS!
- Masks (nose/mouth coverings) required in all public spaces across Puerto Peñasco.
- Curfew siren remains in effect at midnight (two long blasts from atop City Hall) – This includes midnight closing of bars / restaurants / clubs
- Beaches (health filters removed) Hours: 6 am – 7 pm / NO GLASS BOTTLES / Pack it in-pack it out (please take your trash) / Masks required when accessing the beach or interacting with vendors, though not in the water or once you’ve claimed your spot on the sand
- Some grocery stores in particular still have limit on # of family members allowed in at same time
- Reduced capacities and health protocols remain in effect at area restaurants/bars
- No health filter when coming into town (removed early September)
Friday Seashell Museum – Every Friday 10 am – 5 pm Info: www.seashellmuseum.com
Wednesdays – Paint & Sip Club now @ Cookiez Cantina 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm Find them online: https://www.facebook.com/paintsipclubpenasco
Paint & Sip Sundays back at El Tapeo 5:30 pm $25 US
Oct. 23rd Juan Francisco “Gallito” Estrada boxing night! Check your favorite watering hole to catch the World Championship bouts
Oct 23 – 25 Mayan Palace Oktoberfest @ Vidanta Golf
Oct 24 5th Annual “World’s Greatest Meal” Rotary Club fundraiser *Special delivery 4 pm – 7 pm* Tickets $20 US/dish (serves 2) Tickets and info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oct 24 2nd Annual Desert Rendezvous Run – presented by BooBar
Oct 24th 2nd Annual Cornhole Tournament @ Manny’s Beach Club
Oct 24th Tianguis Cultural Arts Fair @ Malecon in the Old Port Starts at 10 am
Wrecked October Music Calendar
Oct 24th Honeygirl & the Boys @ Tekila Bar 3 – 6 pm and Los Ponchos 8 – 11 pm
Oct 24th & 25th Pumpkin Patch @ Manny’s Beach Club 12 pm – 8 pm
Oct 29th 1st GrillMasters Tournament – ongoing elimination rounds – Torneo de Parrilleros
Oct 30th – Nov 1st Las Palomas 14th Anniversary Golf Tournament (wait list only).
Oct. 31st Día de Muertos altar & catrina contests @ Casa Juarez broadcast online at: Casa de la Cultura Puerto Peñasco
Oct 31st – Maridaje night @ Infusión del Golfo at Laguna Shores *Reservations required* 5 course meal with wine tasting
1 de nov – Día de todos los Santos / 2 de noviembre – Día de los Muertos (city cemeteries open under health protocols)
Nov. 7th & 21st Mermaids Market @ Shrimp Plaza 10 am – 3 pm
Nov 13th Festival de Jazz @ El Tapeo
NOTE: 20th Anniversary of Rocky Point Rally™ postponed to 2021 * It is worth noting, however, as the city is not closed many restaurants/bars will still be having music over the originally scheduled weekend:
- Nov 11 – 15 @ Banditos featuring The Boys / The Summer / The Bayou Bandits
- Nov 13 – 14 @ Wrecked Mogollon live
Nov. 16th BANK HOLIDAY – in commemoration of Revolution Day (Nov 20th)
Nov. 18th Women’s & Children’s Benefit Breakfast @ Puesta del Sol (Playa Bonita) 10 am $20 US
Nov. 20th – 22nd ¡RCPM en Vivo!
Nov 21st & 22nd The Legacy beach volleyball Doubles tournament30th Anniversary Rocky Point Mexico beach volleyball tournament presented by OuttaTownProductions * Games in front of Playa Bonita Resort * This all doubles tournament to benefit the Liga Municipal de Voleibol,
Nov. 26th Thanksgiving – Reservations / pre-orders for delivery HIGHLY RECOMMENDED – updated info as available
Thanks for joining us and for your interest in Rocky Point! Be sure to check out the Event Calendar as we continue to update.
Got info on an event?
If you have information you’d like to add, please let us know at email@example.com Office: 638 690 3245, cell: 638 380 8849, or from the US: 480-282-4226 For weekend rundown announcements, please get them to us one week in advance (preferably)…though the earlier the better! Don’t forget to subscribe to RockyPoint360.com to get all our articles and announcements and/or Like us on Facebook at Rocky Point 360
¡Hasta la próxima! #MaskUpRP