This weekend’s rundown brought to us by BooBar on the malecón
120°F in Phoenix? What is that? Meanwhile, in Rocky Point our temperatures are making their way up and Sunday, admittedly, should be peaking at near 100°F we hear. ¡Bienvenido to Summer! Good time to get in the sea! Don’t forget to drink lots of water, don that sunscreen, get out to support local music and theater, and let’s run down the weekend! Happy Father’s Day weekend to you all!
June 17th & 18th – Brea Burns & The Boleros (formerly aka Trailer Queen) @ BooBar 8 p.m. / Opening with Whiskey Kiss Duo both nights @ 7 p.m.
June 17th @ 8 p.m. CIMA festival on the malecón “The Lion King”
June 19th – ¡Día del padre! Father’s Day
June 19th – 5KM “Running for Education” Departs from 7 a.m. Plaza Lázaro Cárdenas
Tiburones Baseball 2016 – Game time approximately 7:30 p.m Tickets: 40 pesos for bleachers / 60 pesos for seats behind bullpens and home plate. Upcoming home games: June 21st – 23rd vs. Tecate / June 28th – 30th vs. Caborca Check the schedule at: Rol de Juegos
July 1st – DL Marble @ Banditos 9 p.m.
July 2nd – The 5th Annual Sonoran Resorts Las Vegas Night for Charity – Tickets at Sonoran Sky sales office
CEDO Wet Feet Ocean Camp July 2nd – 6th (ages 10-14)
The Hourglass Cats July 1st thru 3rd @ BooBar
Pinacate Summer Camp “Pinacatitos” July 4th – 9th ages 8-12 Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Camp @ the Biblioteca – July 4th – 29th Info @ Public Library across from City Hall
- Tuesdays – Natural History Talk [English 2 pm] / Plática de Historia Natural [español 4 pm] @ CEDO
- 4 p.m. Connection Club happy hour on the patio at Puesta del Restaurant @ Playa Bonita
- ¡A comer! Paella night @ El Tapeo Wine Bar at Laos Mar Best Western (next to Playa Bonita)
- ¡A bailar Salsa! 10 p.m.(ish…or later) with Agua de Coco now @ El Tapeo Wine Bar (Laos Mar Hotel) [yep, still paella night!]
- The Accent Show 106.1 FM now from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Catch Sami with Felix Rincón to hear all about what’s up in Rocky Point! Plus on Mondays, folks from the local American Legion join Felix for the show. Listen in online at: Los 40 Puerto Peñasco
- Stablefore SKINS game @ The Links golf course at Las Palomas 2 p.m.* (*time may vary) Info: email@example.com
- Craft classes w/Naomi: Fridays Noon – 5 p.m. with Naomi Black @ Off the Beach Studio Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturdays – Plática de Historia Natural [español 2 pm] / Natural History Talk [English 4 pm] / @ CEDO
- Water Color classes – 2nd & 4th Saturdays of the month with Mary Lou Wilhelm at Plaza Fabiola on “Rodeo Drive” Info: MAREASDELMAR@aol.com
Get out on the water!
Eco Fun Rentals: email@example.com
Peñasco Recreation Co. – city tours, adventures around Puerto Peñasco and beyond! firstname.lastname@example.org www.penascorecreation.com
NaturArte EcoTours of the Intercultural Center for the Study of Deserts and Oceans – See the CEDO Events Calendar for more info. Be sure to email them early to reserve your spot! CEDO’s WET FEET Ocean Camp coming in July!
Visit the Pinacate (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
Pinacate Schuk Toak Visitors Center of the Pinacate and Grand Desert of Altar Biosphere Reserve –The self-sustaining Visitors Center of the UNESCO World Heritage Site Pinacate Biosphere Reserve offers ample parking, AC, informative museum, and terrific AV hall showing videos about this expansive, magical, wondrous area filled with moving dunes, ancient lava flows, and maar craters. Km. 52 Carretera Federal Sonoyta – Puerto Peñasco
Biology Station Tel: (638) 383-1433 y 105 80 16 Schuk Toak Visitors Center Tel: (638) 108-0011 E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
CineMartes Tuesday Art Film Night
8 p.m./8:30 p.m. on patio of Café Puerto Viejo in the Old Port – No cost, bring a chair
Oct. 10th – 14th – 2016 Hobie 16/18 NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP
Festival Internacional Cervantino – Peñasco site (dates TBD)
Oct. 21st – 23 Angler of the Year Phase II (JJ’s Cantina)
Oct. 22nd – Over the Line Softball (Info @ JJ’s Cantina in Cholla Bay)
Oct. 29th – Corn Hole tourney – Santa Claus fundraiser (Info @ JJ’s Cantina in Cholla Bay)
If you have information you’d like to add, please let us know at email@example.com Office: 383 1804, cell: 638 380 8849, or from the US: 480-282-4226 For weekend rundown announcements, please get them to us one week in advance (preferably)…though the earlier the better! Don’t forget to subscribe to RockyPoint360.com to get all our articles and announcements and/or Like us on Facebook at Rocky Point 360