While many families traditionally enjoy New Year’s Eve in Mexico with a family dinner at home, there are ever more options around town for dinner, dancing, and a regular fiesta to ring in the año nuevo! Plus, it’s good to keep in mind that Christmas Eve is traditionally the night families in Mexico get together for the big family dinner (late night), so many restaurants and businesses may close up shop early on the 24th and check for modified hours / closures on the 25th.
If you’re looking to spend Navidad in Puerto Peñasco, and still wondering what to do to ring in 2018, we’ve put together some info to help you plan.
- MareBlu – Christmas Dinner!
- Peñasco del Sol Miguel’s Restaurant – Christmas Dinner
- American Legion – Christmas Eve Potluck
- Citrón @ Las Palomas – Open w/regular service
- Satisfied Frog – Christmas Eve Open Noon to 8 pm Closed Christmas Day
- Kaffee Haus closed Dec. 24th – 26th
- Capone’s closed Christmas Day
- Wrecked closed Dec. 24th & 25th
- Pan e Vino closed Dec. 24th – 25th
- Banditos closed Dec. 24th – 25th
New Year’s Eve
- Banditos – 1st Annual – “Banditos’ Blaze & Burning of the Piñata of Woe”
Enjoy the comfortable glow of candles and Christmas lights inside as dining service begins at 5pm from regular menu. Help light the very first “Banditos’ Blaze” in parking lot at 8pm. House band “The Summer” jamming all night starting at 9 pm The first “Piñata of Woe” will be open and waiting to receive everyone’s worries and troubles. Simply bring what you wish to burn away or scribble your woes on a slip of paper and place it in the piñata. As midnight arrives, the piñata will be raised and then dropped into the bonfire. Feel free to bring a lawn chair and a blanket and help keep the fire burning to welcome in the New Year. Cocktail & appetizer service outside until the fiesta winds down…well into the wee hours!
- Southside Jillz – ring in the New Year early! 6 – 9 p.m. Live music!
- PaneVino – New Year’s Eve dinner menu
- Citrón @ Las Palomas – New Year’s Eve dinner
- Satisfied Frog – New Year’s Eve menu
- Capone’s – New Year’s menu!
- MareBlue – New Year’s Eve dinner – reservations recommended
- Puesta del Sol restaurant @ Playa Bonita Hotel – New Year’s Eve dinner with service early evening. Check for availability. Reservations recommended
- Chef Mickey’s – New Year’s Eve – reservation strongly recommended 388 9500
- Mariachis & Tequila (Calle 32 “Rodeo Drive”): Como especial PARRILLADAS para 2 personas $ 26 dlls. Y para 4 $50 dlls. MIXED GRILLED (prime rib, chicken breast,sirloin,shrimp. Accompanied with melted cheese with chorizo, beans and a variety of sauces.
- BooBar (bring a raincoat and/or goggles – Highly Recommended!)
- Tekila Bar Masquerade Ball
- Mr. Jacks on Calle 13 (across from OD Bar)
- Elixir – DJs,
- La Cantina @ Sonoran Sky Resort – New Year’s Eve dinner and fiesta (Note: in 2018 will be closed month of January)
- Wrecked (tickets reserved in advance – slight possibility of getting any cancelled tickets at door)
- Las Palomas w/concert by Belanova! What better way to ring in the New Year than with sand between your toes and a grand fiesta to dance the night away? 3 day, 2 night New Year’s package includes entry to New Year’s fiesta, featuring a concert by Belanova.
- El Tapeo Wine Bar @ Laos Mar Best Western (sorry, no New Year’s fiesta) reopens Jan. 3rd