Phoenix area has already surpassed a record number of over 100° days! While we may still have some humidity lingering this late into October, Puerto Peñasco is at least 10° – 15° degrees cooler and we’ve got the sea breeze! Live music continues to ring out under #CoastalDistancing standards in town, and yes, we are still under a curfew and face masks along with antibacterial gel are now part of our daily wear.
For those coming back to Puerto Peñasco for the first time since Covid hit, welcome back – and for those who continue to follow the rules and health guidelines around town – muchas gracias! Let’s run down the weekend! Welcome back Mermaids of the Mermaids Arts Market! #maskUpRP por favor!
- Border hours (both ways) remain modified, with border closure at 8 pm daily. U.S. limitation on “non-essential” travel set to expire Oct. 21st, though we remain alert to possible extension. Impact is mostly on northbound travelers, as Mexican officials have not enforced this policy at the Sonoyta crossing. REMAIN ALERT TO BORDER HOURS!
- Masks (nose/mouth coverings) are required in all public spaces across Puerto Peñasco.
- Curfew siren is still in effect at midnight (two long blasts from atop City Hall)
- No health filter when coming into town (removed early September)
- Beaches (health filters also removed). Hours: 6 am – 7 pm / NO GLASS BOTTLES / Pack it in-pack it out (please take your trash) / Masks required when accessing the beach or interacting with vendors, though not in the water or once you’ve claimed your spot on the sand
- Some stores still have limit on # of family members allowed in at same time
- Reduced capacities and health protocols remain in effect at area restaurants/bars
Friday Seashell Museum reopened – Every Friday 10 am – 5 pm Info: www.seashellmuseum.com
International Cervantino Festival – streaming online!
Oct 14 – 18 International Cervantino Festival *VIRTUAL*
Puerto Peñasco is once again a subsite for Cervantino festivities – though as many things this year, these presentations will be shared virtually through online platforms
International Cervantino festivities to be aired simultaneously from Guanajuato at https://festivalcervantino.gob.mx/
Local Cervantino festivities to be aired via Casa de la Cultura / Gobierno de Puerto Peñasco
Wrecked at the Reef – October music calendar
Oct. 16 – 18 Tekila Bar 5 year Anniversary * Check out live music @ Manny’s too to complement the celebration
Oct 16 – 17 Funky Boyz @ Banditos 7:30 – 10:30
Oct 16 – 17 The Hourglass Cats @ Boo Bar 7 – 10 pm
Oct 17th The return of the “masked” Mermaid’s Arts Market @ Shrimp Plaza – bring your mask and be sure to social distance while supporting these local artists!
Oct 17th & 18th Matt Farris @ Margarita Mermaids
Oct 20 Virtual Mexican Fiesta @ Xochitl’s Café – Live from Cholla Bay, Mexico 6 p.m.
Oct 23 – 25 Mayan Palace Oktoberfest @ Vidanta Golf
Oct 24 5th Annual “World’s Greatest Meal” Rotary Club fundraiser *Special delivery 4 pm – 7 pm* Tickets $20 US/dish (serves 2) Tickets and info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oct 24 2nd Annual Desert Rendezvous Run – presented by BooBar
Oct 24th 2nd Annual Cornhole Tournament @ Manny’s Beach Club
Oct 29th 1st GrillMasters Tournament – ongoing elimination rounds – Torneo de Parrilleros
Oct 30th – Nov 1st Las Palomas 14th Anniversary Golf Tournament (wait list only).
Oct 31st – Maridaje night @ Infusión del Golfo at Laguna Shores *Reservations required* 5 course meal with wine tasting
Thanks for joining us and for your interest in Rocky Point! Be sure to check out the Event Calendar as we continue to update.
Got info on an event?
If you have information you’d like to add, please let us know at email@example.com Office: 638 690 3245, cell: 638 380 8849, or from the US: 480-282-4226 For weekend rundown announcements, please get them to us one week in advance (preferably)…though the earlier the better! Don’t forget to subscribe to RockyPoint360.com to get all our articles and announcements and/or Like us on Facebook at Rocky Point 360
¡Hasta la próxima! #MaskUpRP