December. 2020. We are just as much in awe as you are in that: 1, it’s already December and 2, how long this year has been! We’re almost rounding the corner on 2020 to head into 2021 with high hopes, clean hands, and navidad masks.
Whether you find yourself in Rocky Point, or catching up on our beachside town from afar, we invite you to join in the holiday season by taking part in one or another of the several food, toy, blanket, and coat drives across the community. Be sure to visit our Holiday Drive Guide.
COVID FYI Rocky Point
Please keep in mind Puerto Peñasco anti-covid health guidelines remain in effect, and Sonora is still listed at “high alert” (orange). Border Hours (both ways) 6 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Citywide curfew is 11 pm – 6 am until further notice – (Siren issues two long blasts from atop City Hall) – This includes 11 pm closing of bars / restaurants / clubs
- Masks (nose/mouth coverings) required in vehicles when traveling with 2 or more people.
- Only 1 person per family may enter supermarkets / convenience stores at a time. NOTE: Some grocery stores have early “senior” hours – be sure to ask (generally 7 am – 9 am for adults over 65)
- Masks (nose/mouth coverings) required in all public spaces across Puerto Peñasco. Masks have now been mandated statewide.
- Beaches (health filters removed) Hours: 6 am – 7 pm / NO GLASS BOTTLES / Pack it in-pack it out (please take your trash) / Masks required when accessing the beach or interacting with vendors, though not in the water or once you’ve claimed your spot on the sand
- Reduced capacities and health protocols remain in effect at area restaurants/bars
- Presently, there is no health filter when coming into town (removed early September)
- Event calendar* Times/events/venues subject to change based on city guidelines
Paint & Sip Sundays at El Tapeo Wine Bar 5:30 pm $25 US
Wednesdays – Paint & Sip Club now @ Cookiez Cantina 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm Find them online: https://www.facebook.com/paintsipclubpenasco
Thursday Sunset & Wine Flights @ Margarita Mermaids 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. (In December: 3rd, 10th, and 17th) RSVP to MargaritaMermaidsReservations@gmail.com
Friday Seashell Museum – Every Friday 10 am – 5 pm Info: www.seashellmuseum.com
Specials @ The Crane at Islas del Mar
Wednesday special “fish tacos”, Thursday Chilaquiles 2 X 1, Sundays Mexican Buffet. HAPPY HOUR daily from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm.
For the Golfers out there!
New tee boxes on every hole challenge golfers in a whole new way!
Tee times: MX 638 383 0032 – 638 114 8974 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mermaids Market Dec 5th & 19th 10 am – 3 pm @ Shrimp Plaza
Dec 4th – 5th Cholla 250 by Southern Arizona Desert Racing
Dec. 4th Urban League Gran Final @ Mood Contestants 4 pm (50 pesos) General Public 5 pm (30 pesos)
Dec. 5th Regala una Sonrisa – Give the gift of a smile – Toy collection @ La Oficina del Manny’s
Dec 6th 1st Grillmasters Parrilleros SemiFinal @ Quinta Ventura 11 a.m. adults 250 pesos / children 100 pesos Part of event proceeds to go to Puerto Peñasco Dialysis Unit
Dec 11th – 12th Rocky Point Golf Tournament – DIF fundraiser for educational scholarships – organized by Tekila Bar / Shark Bite / Manny’s Beach Club
Dec 12th Cholla Bay Christmas Parade – @ 7 pm departing from Club House parking lot. Get your lights on, line up, and drive through town throwing candy to the Cholla kids.
Be sure to check out the Event Calendar as we continue to update.
Got info on an event?
If you have information you’d like to add, please let us know at email@example.com Office: 638 690 3245, cell: 638 380 8849, or from the US: 480-282-4226 For weekend rundown announcements, please get them to us one week in advance (preferably)…though the earlier the better! Don’t forget to subscribe to RockyPoint360.com to get all our articles and announcements and/or Like us on Facebook at Rocky Point 360
¡Hasta la próxima! #MaskUpRP