It’s been nearly 8 months since 2020 put Puerto Peñasco and the rest of the world on a time-out. Just as our extreme tides, the ebb and flow of guidelines and health protocols has kept us on our toes as the city has crept back to life.
Mexico’s weekly “semaforo” health alert map tells us that Sonora itself remains at yellow (medium risk level) with a tendency toward going orange (high), though no one wants that. With this in mind, both Sonora and the city itself have reinforced health protocols to ensure residents and tourists remain healthy.
Yes, Puerto Peñasco is open – and with lots of space, it’s a good place to kick back while continuing to support the local economy. So, before we run down the weekend and get out the calendar, be sure to review these valuable FYI notes. Please keep in mind that upcoming activities are subject to change, particularly regarding times. We’ll just go with the flow.
COVID FYI Rocky Point
- Modified – Citywide curfew is now 10 pm – 6 am until further notice – (Siren issues two long blasts from atop City Hall) – This includes 10 pm closing of bars / restaurants / clubs
- Modified – Masks (nose/mouth coverings) required in vehicles when traveling with 2 or more people
- Reinforced Only 1 person per family may enter supermarkets / convenience stores at time
- Masks (nose/mouth coverings) required in all public spaces across Puerto Peñasco.
- Beaches (health filters removed) Hours: 6 am – 7 pm / NO GLASS BOTTLES / Pack it in-pack it out (please take your trash) / Masks required when accessing the beach or interacting with vendors, though not in the water or once you’ve claimed your spot on the sand
- Border hours (both ways) remain modified, with border closure at 8 pm daily. U.S. limitation on “non-essential” travel extended to Nov. 21st. Impact is mostly on northbound travelers (US citizens and US permanent residents only – or for essential medical/education/commerce purposes). REMAIN ALERT TO BORDER HOURS!
- Reduced capacities and health protocols remain in effect at area restaurants/bars
- Presently, there is no health filter when coming into town (removed early September)
Friday Seashell Museum – Every Friday 10 am – 5 pm Info: www.seashellmuseum.com
Wednesdays – Paint & Sip Club now @ Cookiez Cantina 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm Find them online: https://www.facebook.com/paintsipclubpenasco
Paint & Sip Sundays back at El Tapeo 5:30 pm $25 US
The Crane Restaurant (at Islas del mar):
November special: Pumpking pie with hot chocolate cup!
Wednesday special “fish tacos”, Thursday Chilaquiles 2 X 1, Sundays Mexican Buffet. HAPPY HOUR everyday from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Nov. 5th Catrina painting @ Latitude 31 *Space is limited*Reservations required
Nov. 7th Rowdy Johnson @ Margarita Mermaids – Two dinner shows * Reservations highly recommended * limited space
Nov. 7th & 21st Mermaids Market @ Shrimp Plaza 10 am – 3 pm
Nov. 7th Funkalicious Beach Volleyball @ Las Palomas Beach and Golf Resort
Nov 13th Festival de Jazz @ El Tapeo
Nov 11 – 15 NOTE: 20th Anniversary of Rocky Point Rally™ postponed to 2021 * It is worth mentioning, however, as the city is not closed several restaurants/bars will still be having music over the originally scheduled weekend
Nov 11 – 15 – Unofficial Bike Party @ Banditos featuring The Bayou Bandits, The Boys, and The Summer
Nov 13th – 14th Mogollon @ Wrecked at the Reef
Nov. 16th BANK HOLIDAY – in commemoration of Revolution Day (Nov 20th)
Nov. 18th Women’s & Children’s Benefit Breakfast @ Puesta del Sol (Playa Bonita) 10 am $20 US
Nov. 20th – 22nd ¡RCPM en Vivo!
Nov 21st & 22nd The Legacy beach volleyball Doubles tournament30th Anniversary Rocky Point Mexico beach volleyball tournament presented by OuttaTownProductions * Games in front of Playa Bonita Resort * This all doubles tournament to benefit the Liga Municipal de Voleibol,
Nov. 26th Thanksgiving – Reservations / pre-orders for delivery HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Nov 27th & 28th – Mark Mulligan @ Margarita Mermaids Two shows daily (4 pm & 7 pm) Reservations required: email@example.com Space is limited
Nov 28th – Cactus Music Festival @ Chango’s Bar Art & Music both day and evening
Dec 5th & 19th Mermaids Market @ Shrimp Plaza 10 am – 3 pm
Dec 4th – 5th Cholla 250 by Southern Arizona Desert Racing
Dec 11th – 12th Rocky Point Golf Tournament – DIF fundraiser for educational scholarships – organized by Tekila Bar / Shark Bite / Manny’s Beach Club
Dec 12th Cholla Bay Christmas Parade
Thanks for your interest in Rocky Point! Be sure to check out the Event Calendar as we continue to update.
Got info on an event?
If you have information you’d like to add, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 638 690 3245, cell: 638 380 8849, or from the US: 480-282-4226 For weekend rundown announcements, please get them to us one week in advance (preferably)…though the earlier the better! Don’t forget to subscribe to RockyPoint360.com to get all our articles and announcements and/or Like us on Facebook at Rocky Point 360
¡Hasta la próxima! #MaskUpRP