Now that we’ve got a few three-day weekends under our belt for 2021, we look ahead to tentative plans for the Spring, and beyond, in Rocky Point!
We’re happy to say our weekly newsletter will go out on Sundays so there’s plenty of time to plan for the upcoming weekend, as well as dates ahead. Be sure to stay in the loop by signing up for the RockyPoint360 newsletter at: “Join Our Newsletter”
Whale watching season is in full swing, as long as the winds and weather cooperate. Officially recognized in this area through April (better let the whales know), local tour boats have sighted quite a bit of tail so far this year. Don’t miss out!
So, get out your calendars and let’s run down what’s up in Rocky Point!
Please keep in mind!
- Masks are still required in all public spaces in Rocky Point, and if there are 2 or more people in a car
- Reduced capacities at restaurants and businesses still in effect- Some supermarkets only allow 1 person per family
- As of Feb. 20th, our citywide nightly curfew was still 11 p.m. – though this may change to midnight in coming days….stay tuned. *Curfew changes for Spring Break / Semana Santa Feb. 26th – March 14th / March 29th – April 4th: Mon-Thurs Midnight – 6 a.m. Fri-Sun 1 a.m. – 6 a.m.
- Negative Covid tests are not currently required when coming/going from Rocky Point
- Only essential travel indication at US/Mexico/Canadian land borders has been extended until at least March 21st. NOTE: To date, Mexican officials have not enforced this at the Sonoyta entry. However, only US citizens and/or permanent US residents with ID may cross into Lukeville *Some exceptions for medical/education/trade
**Upcoming Events subject to change due to Covid regulations**
Sundays – Paint & Sip @ El Tapeo Wine Bar (Laos Mar/Best Western) $25 US
Thursdays – Wine Night @ Margarita Mermaids Wine Flights & Tastings
The Seashell Museum (open Fridays) 10 am – 5 pm NOTE: Feb 26th hours modified 10 am – 2 pm
Salsa night w/Agua de Coco @ El Tapeo 7:45 pm – 10:45 pm
Saturdays – Rock w/Rojo @ El Tapeo 7:45 pm – 10:45 pm
1st & 3rd Saturdays (Fall/Spring) Mermaid’s Arts Market @ Shrimp Plaza – Upcoming dates: Feb 20th, March 6th, March 20th, (no market on April 3rd), and season finale on April 17th
Paint & Sip Club – Follow them on FB for dates, times and locations
February 24th Mexican Flag Day
Feb. 26th Live Music @ Cielito Lindo at Sonoran Sky – Duet CanKarte featuring Karen Aguirre and Canaantzi Gonzalez 6 pm – 9 pm
February 27th Beer Tasting w/Media Sangre Cervecería @ El Tapeo 5:30 – 10:30 pm Reservations 638 380 5917
March 6th & 20th Mermaid Market @ Shrimp Plaza 10 am – 3 pm
March 15th Bank Holiday to commemorate anniversary of Benito Juarez birthday (March 21st)
March 26th – 28th The Club at Islas del Mar 1st Annual Golf Tournament
March 26th – 28th AGA Member Weekend Golf Tournament @ Vidanta Golf
Semana Santa vacation (for area schools) begins March 29th Semana Santa (March 29 – April 13) *Easter weekend April 1st – 4th)
April 17th Mermaids Market Season Finale @ Shrimp Plaza 10 am – 3 pm
April 17th 2021 Rocky Point Triathlon @ Las Palomas
April 21st – 26th SOB Songwriters Festival – South of the Border
April 24th – 25th Amateur Players Tour 2021 Golf Tournament @ The Links at Las Palomas Beach & Golf Resort
May 1st – 2nd Rocky Point Mexico “Legacy” Doubles Beach Volleyball by Outtatown Productions
May 14th – 15th Tequila 150 by Southern Arizona Desert Racing
June 6th – Election Day (mayor, governor, representatives)
June 10th – 14th Circus Mexicus 2021 – Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers…. ¡Por fin!
Be sure to check out the Event Calendar as we continue to update.
Got info on an event?
If you have information you’d like to add, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 638 690 3245, cell: 638 380 8849, or from the US: 480-282-4226 For weekend rundown announcements, please get them to us one week in advance (preferably)…though the earlier the better! Thursday deadline to be included in Sunday rundown Don’t forget to subscribe to RockyPoint360.com to get all our articles and announcements and/or Like us on Facebook at Rocky Point 360
¡Hasta la próxima! #MaskUpRP