Health Alert: firstname.lastname@example.org
As of March 9, the Mexican Ministry of Health reported seven
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Mexico.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Call the Mexican Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 information hotline at 800 0044 800 for local information while in Mexico. English-speaking operators are often, but not always, available.
- For Emergency Assistance for U.S. citizens in Mexico, call 1-800-681-9374 from Mexico or 1-844-528-6611 from the United States.
- The U.S. Embassy in Mexico City is located at:
Paseo de la Reforma 305
06500, Ciudad de México
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Follow the U.S. Embassy in Mexico on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Reports for Mexico.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.