A local “whale whisperer” once responded when asked what comes after the fin whales, “that would be Spring Breakers”. Whether or not they got the memo, the whales seem to be departing our shores once more and many whale-watching trips have turned to whale-seeking and dolphin frolicking jaunts. Now, we turn to Spring Breaker spotting as the weather warms up.
Get out your calendars and let’s run down what’s up in Rocky Point! (NOTE: The Rocky Point Triathlon at Las Palomas scheduled for April has been postponed to 2022)
Keep in mind!
- Spring Break / Semana Santa Curfew change in effect Feb. 26th – March 14th and again March 29th – April 4th: Monday – Thursday midnight – 6:00 a.m. / Friday – Sunday 1 a.m. – 6 a.m.
- Masks still required in all public spaces in Rocky Point, and if there are 2 or more people in a car
- Reduced capacities at restaurants and businesses still in effect- Some supermarkets only allow 1 person per family
- Negative Covid tests are not currently required when coming/going from Rocky Point – Local businesses encouraged to provide discounts (at their discretion) to individuals that show proof of Covid vaccine or of a negative Covid test (within 3 days of result)
- Only essential travel indication at US/Mexico/Canadian land borders has been extended until at least March 21st. NOTE: To date, Mexican officials have not enforced this at the Sonoyta entry. However, only US citizens and/or permanent US residents with ID may cross into Lukeville *Some exceptions for medical/education/trade
**Upcoming Events subject to change due to Covid regulations**
Paint & Sip @ El Tapeo Wine Bar (Laos Mar/Best Western) $25 US
Bingo on the Beach @ Manny’s 1 p.m.
Wednesdays – Paint & Sip club @ Cookiez Cantina – Reserve a spot and check for weekend opportunities Follow them on FB for dates, times and locations
Thursdays – Wine Night @ Margarita Mermaids Wine Flights & Tastings
The Seashell Museum (open Fridays) 10 am – 5 pm
Tony Ximenez @ Colin’s Cantina 6 pm – 8 pm
Salsa night w/Agua de Coco @ El Tapeo
Fridays Live Music @ Cielito Lindo at Sonoran Sky – Duet CanKarte featuring Karen Aguirre and Canaantzi Gonzalez 6 pm – 9 pm
Saturdays – Rock w/Rojo @ El Tapeo
1st & 3rd Saturdays (Fall/Spring) Mermaid’s Arts Market @ Shrimp Plaza – Upcoming dates: March 6th, March 20th, (no market on April 3rd), and season finale on April 17th
March 6th & 20th Mermaid Market @ Shrimp Plaza 10 am – 3 pm
March music @ Wrecked
March 5th – 7th Spring Break @ Shark Bite / Tekila Bar
March 4th – 7th / 9th – 13th Spring Break @ Banditos
MARCH 13TH Juan Francisco “El Gallo” Estrada vs. Chocolatito
March 15th Bank Holiday to commemorate anniversary of Benito Juarez birthday (March 21st)
March 25th Pairing Dinner @ Fire Pit Meat & Grill
March 26th – 28th The Club at Islas del Mar 1st Annual Golf Tournament
March 26th – 28th AGA Member Weekend Golf Tournament @ Vidanta Golf
Semana Santa vacation (for area schools) begins March 29th Semana Santa (March 29 – April 13) *Easter weekend April 1st – 4th)
April 17th Mermaids Market Season Finale @ Shrimp Plaza 10 am – 3 pm
April 17th Cornhole Tournament @ Manny’s Beach Club
April *ROCKY POINT TRIATHLON AT LAS PALOMAS POSTPONED TO 2022*
April 21st – 26th SOB Songwriters Festival – South of the Border
April 24th – 25th Amateur Players Tour 2021 Golf Tournament @ The Links at Las Palomas Beach & Golf Resort
May 1st – 2nd Rocky Point Mexico “Legacy” Doubles Beach Volleyball by Outtatown Productions
May 14th – 15th Tequila 150 by Southern Arizona Desert Racing
June 6th – Election Day (mayor, governor, representatives)
June 10th – 14th Circus Mexicus 2021 – Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers
Be sure to check out the Event Calendar as we continue to update.
Got info on an event?
If you have information you’d like to add, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 638 690 3245, cell: 638 380 8849, or from the US: 480-282-4226 For weekend rundown announcements, please get them to us one week in advance (preferably)…though the earlier the better! Thursday deadline to be included in Sunday rundown Don’t forget to subscribe to RockyPoint360.com to get all our articles and announcements and/or Like us on Facebook at Rocky Point 360
¡Hasta la próxima! #MaskUpRP