This weekend’s rundown sponsored by “high spirits, positive vibrations and good medicine” – and Banditos
Don’t know about you, but this weekend should be heaven on a paper plate down this way as fans of Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers stream into town for the XXIV edition of Circus Mexicus! The weather should be absolutely fantastic (according to Weather Underground) with highs in the mid-80s and lows in the 70s….is this June in Rocky Point, really? Remember to pace yourselves this weekend (sun, fiesta, late nights, shrimp, cerveza, etc)! Let’s get to it and run down the weekend!
– Movement has begun just north of town at the “intersection” of the Sonoyta-Peñasco Highway and turn off toward Laguna del Mar/Laguna Shores and Mayan Palace. Work in this area is focusing on an overpass to help increase safety along this stretch. Stay alert for detours.
– Part of Blvd. Juarez when coming into town is OPEN. Remain alert at stop light as traffic is now more active at that intersection and that particular spot has seen better days (linking Blvd. Juarez to Blvd. Josefa Ortiz and Blvd. Samuel Ocaña).
– Road work in front of City Hall is moving along quickly with the recent opening up of Blvd. Juarez and Calle Luis Encinas (near movie theater) toward the Old Port.
– Some road “patching” work is taking place on the highway East of town toward Mayan Palace. DRIVE CAREFULLY!
June 12th – 14th Bunker to Bunker Charity Golf Tourney by THE Golf Show @ Mayan Palace Ever wanted to golf on a Jack Nicklaus course and rock out to RCPM on the same day? Now you can! The Mayan Palace and Bunker to Bunker have a great deal for their two man scramble tourney on Saturday June 13th. Information: http://www.bunkergolf.com/
June 11th – 14th XXIV RCPM Circus Mexicus! www.circusmexicus.net
2015 CIRCUS MEXICUS LINE UP
Wed – Will Call / Ticket sale @ Chango’s (across from Banditos) 5 – 8 p.m.
- Donations for Esperanza Children’s Home This year there will be a trailer made available for DONATIONS THURSDAY and FRIDAY at BANDITOS before the traditional trek to Esperanza on Saturday.
- Donation of sports equipment – take to Rock & Soccer on Saturday on the beach in front of Princesa de Peñasco condos. Sports equipment is for the local Youth Sports Foundation.
- Will Call / Tickets @ Banditos 1 – 5 p.m. @ JJ’s 6 – 9 p.m.
- Shurman & Friends, Shawn Johnson, Ghetto Cowgirl, Dead Hot Workshop, Shurman, Jim Dalton w/Shurman $10 US with proceeds for Esperanza para los Niños Children’s Home
Friday June 12th
- 4 pm Zubia Bros. @ Banditos
- Main Gate opens @ 6 p.m. The Jons, The Black Moods, Shurman, Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers
- After concert – Whiskey’s Quicker @ Banditos
- Will Call / Tickets 1 – 5 p.m. @ Banditos / 6 – 11 p.m. @ Main Stage Gate
Saturday June 13th
- Rock n’ Soccer in front of Princesa – Music @12:30 Shawn Johnson
- 3 p.m. Shurman @ Beach Bum on the malecon
- 2 p.m. @ Banditos – Jim Dalton, Elvis Before Noon, Banana Gun
- Main Gate opens @ 6 p.m. The Strolling Bones, Dead Hot Workshop, The Pistoleros, Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers
- After Concert – The Black Moods and Banana Gun @ Banditos
- Will Call / Tickets 2 – 5 p.m. @ Banditos / 6 – 11 p.m. @ Main Stage Gate
Sunday June 14th @ JJ’s Cantina starting @ 11 a.m.
- Shawn Johnson, Whiskey’s Quicker, Ghetto Cowgirl, The Pistoleros, The Black Moods
- 5:30 p.m. @ Banditos – Banana Gun, Elvis Before Noon
June 12th – @ Beach Bum on the malecón 1:30 p.m Doll Skin “rock chick band” 3 p.m. Moxy & the Influence “high energy rock & roll”
June 13th – @ Beach Bum on the malecón 12:30 p.m. DL Marble “country, Americana, Western soul” 3 p.m. Shurman out of Austin, TX – Americana rock country
June 13th – Over the Line Softball Info – contact John Fowler 620-840-1528 OTL Fall coming October 24
June 13th – Old Boys Social Club – Summer Steak Fry @ Cholla Community Clubhouse 6 p.m. OBSC Members $10 US / Guests $15 US
June 13th – Rock Tribute @ El Tapeo Wine Bar 9 p.m. with proceeds from tickets to benefit Academia de Música de Puerto Peñasco – ¡Feliz 5° aniversario to Aló magazine!
June 14th – Charity Rubber Ducky Race – fundraiser for Adopt a Classroom Info and to become a ducky sponsor, contact Barb at: Mex: 383-4963 Cel: 044 638-114-2406 US: 602-324-9529 firstname.lastname@example.org
June 14th – 80KM Bike Race from City Hall to Pinacate Visitors Center departs 7:30 a.m. from in front of City Hall – mountan bikes, racing bikes, all welcome (bring a helmet!) XIV Bike Race celebrating World Environment Day & Pinacate Biosphere Reserve
June 19th – David Aguilar en concierto @ ITSPP auditorium 8 p.m. 150 pesos
4th of July! – 4th Annual Sonoran Resorts Las Vegas Night for Charity Tickets available beginning May 10th: by calling the Sonoran Resorts sales office at (from the U.S.): 602-476-7511; or from Mexico: 638-382-8187; Email Director of Sales and Marketing, Jim Ringquist at email@example.com.
Adventure with CEDO
CEDO Wet Feet Camp (English) June 11th – 15th / Bilingual Camp July 2nd – 6th Info: cedointercultural.org Sign up or help sponsor a scholarship for local kids! Info & Registration: http://www.cedointercultural.org/content/view/105/104/lang,en/
NaturArte EcoTours of the Intercultural Center for the Study of Deserts and Oceans – See the CEDO Events Calendar for more info. Be sure to email them early to reserve your spot!
Free Natural History Talks @ CEDO: Tuesdays 2 p.m. (English) 4 p.m. (Español) & Saturdays 2 p.m. (Español) 4 p.m. (English)
Visit the Pinacate (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
Pinacate Schuk Toak Visitors Center of the Pinacate and Grand Desert of Altar Biosphere Reserve –The self-sustaining Visitors Center of the UNESCO World Heritage Site Pinacate Biosphere Reserve offers ample parking, AC, informative museum, and terrific AV hall showing videos about this expansive, magical, wondrous area filled with moving dunes, ancient lava flows, and maar craters. Km. 52 Carretera Federal Sonoyta – Puerto Peñasco
Biology Station Tel: (638) 383-1433 y 105 80 16
Schuk Toak Visitors Center Tel: (638) 108-0011
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
CineMartes Tuesday Art Film Nights
8/8:30 p.m. on patio of Café Puerto Viejo in the Old Port – No cost, bring a chair
…into the Fall
Hobie Cat Piñata Regatta – Oct. 10th – 11th (Fleet 66 & Fleet 514)
39th El Golfo Run w/Rocky Point Times – Oct. 24th – 25th EMAIL RESERVATIONS ONLY PLEASE. ROCKYPOINTTIMES@YAHOO.COM
Beach Volleyball! Nov. 7th Funkalicious Volleyball
15th Anniversary Rocky Point Rally™ – November 11th – 15th The Greatest Motorcycle Fiesta Just South of the Border! www.rockypointrally.com
Looking for upcoming events in Rocky Point? Check out our Event Calendar! If you have information you’d like to add, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 383 1804, cell: 638 380 8849, or from the US: 480-282-4226 For weekend rundown announcements, please get them to us one week in advance (preferably)…though the earlier the better! Don’t forget to subscribe to RockyPoint360.com to get all our articles and announcements and/or Like us on Facebook at Rocky Point 360