Members of the Municipal Health & Safety Advisory Board unanimously approved Phase 5 of Puerto Peñasco’s economic reactivation plan via a virtual online conference held on Tuesday, July 7th.
Mayor Ernest Kiko Munro detailed the city has gradually and responsibly revived its economy thanks to the joint work of Government and civil-society. NOTE: Beach reopening is based on Federal direction, and the beaches remain closed at this time – except for the concession area in front of hotels & resorts.
The various agreements approved by the Health & Safety Advisory Board as Puerto Peñasco continues its process of reopening during the present Covid-19 pandemic include:
Entry to Puerto Peñasco for residents from the neighboring municipality of General Plutarco Elías Calles (Sonoyta) for essential activities, and in complying all safety protocols and measures:
- Proof of residence in Sonoyta
- Transfer to carry out essential activities only
- Use of masks by everyone in vehicle
- Preferably no travel with minors under 12, or adults over 65 (not obligatory)
Starting July 15th
Entry of family, friends, and visitors in general (including vacation home owners), under previously established health measures, and depending on having Covid-19 Diagnostic Equipment for PCR tests and evaluation in place. If equipment is not in place by this date, this date will be pushed back until it is.
Starting Aug. 1st
- Removal of health filters set up by the municipality of Puerto Peñasco, under the condition the epidemiological evaluation of cases in the area remains the same. To the contrary, the health filter will remain in place.
- Reopening of businesses known as “Tianguis” (community markets), under the following criteria: 50% capacity / Establishing work schedules, considering all businesses / Possibility to operate multiple days / Owner and/or whomever is responsible must sign Commitment Letter with the Office of Economic Development as well as complete Training Course led by the Office of Civil Protection
- Fulfill all health and safety guidelines
Starting Aug. 15th
- Reactivation of athletic fields (soccer, volleyball, basketball, among others), under the following guidelines: Representatives / promoters of Athletic Leagues will be responsible for fulfilling all previously established health protocols as to any spectators or fans including: use of masks, social distancing, use of antibacterial gel, among others. / NOTE: For those doing the physical activity (players/athletes), use of gloves or masks will not be necessary during play.
- Reopening of Gyms, under the following criteria: Complying with all previously established health and safety protocols / 40% maximum capacity / Owner and/or whomever is responsible must sign Commitment Letter with the Office of Economic Development as well as complete Training Course led by the Office of Civil Protection
- Reopening of public parks, plazas, and other public spaces (this does not include beaches as that is Federal decision and may be prior to or even after this)