By José Antonio Pérez.
Launched July 15th, the Puerto Peñasco Naval Sector is implementing its Summer 2017 Operation Lifeguard through August 20th, in coordination with the Secretary of Tourism.
“Operation Lifeguard” includes establishing sea and land patrol services along beaches, along with rescue and emergency sites to provide first aid as necessary.
The Navy also makes the following recommendations to the community in general:
- Don’t go into the sea immediately after eating, or after drinking alcohol
- Don’t litter on the beach
- Avoid dehydration by drinking sufficient water
- Respect indications of lifeguard staff
- Don’t block beach access areas, freeing these up for patrols and ambulances if needed
- Use life jackets when doing any aquatic sports
Emergency 24 hour numbers: