My, oh my, it’s May! The days are sunny, the sea breeze is inviting, and the water is getting warm. It has been an active Spring in Rocky Point, and we’re just gearing up as the Summer nears.
The first weekend of May welcomed back hobie cats, more live music, plus golf and volleyball tournaments to our shores. Around mid-month, we’ll be ready to roll out the aquatic carpet for the Mexican Navy’s “Cuahtemoc” training ship as it sails through to celebrate the Navy’s bicentennial. That will be incredible!
Health protocols to prevent additional spread of Covid remain in place across the city So, stay well, get out your calendars and let’s run down what’s up in Rocky Point! #MaskUpRP #CoastalDistance
Keep in mind!
- Border hours (Lukeville/Sonoyta) 6 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Rocky Point Curfew: Nightly curfew at 1 a.m. until further notice.
- Negative Covid tests are not currently required when coming/going from Mexico – Local businesses encouraged to provide discounts (at their discretion) to individuals that show proof of Covid vaccine or of a negative Covid test (within 3 days of result)
- Only essential travel indication at US/Mexico/Canadian land borders has been extended until at least May 21st. NOTE: To date, Mexican officials have not enforced this at the Sonoyta entry. However, only US citizens and/or permanent US residents with ID may cross into Lukeville *Some exceptions for medical/education/trade
- Masks required in all public spaces in Rocky Point, and if there are 2 or more people in a car (NOTE: HIGHLY recommended to be sure all wear masks in car when going SLOWLY through Sonoyta)
- Reduced capacities at restaurants and businesses still in effect. Very common in stores and restaurants to be greeted with a temperature check / sanitizing gel.
- Beach hours 6 a.m – 7 p.m. No glass bottles. Pets on leash.
**Upcoming Events subject to change due to Covid regulations**
Paint & Sip @ El Tapeo Wine Bar (Laos Mar/Best Western) $25 US
Bingo on the Beach @ Manny’s 1 p.m.
Paint & Sip club @ Cookiez Cantina – Reserve a spot and check for weekend opportunities Follow them on FB for dates, times and locations
Wine Night @ Margarita Mermaids Wine Flights & Tastings
The Seashell Museum (open Fridays) 10 am – 5 pm
Salsa night w/Agua de Coco @ El Tapeo
Live Music @ Cielito Lindo at Sonoran Sky
Rock w/Rojo @ El Tapeo
May 7th – 8th Tequila 150 by Southern Arizona Desert Racing
May 8th – 9th Rocky Point Mexico “Legacy” Coed quads Beach Volleyball by Outtatown Productions
May 9th Mother’s Day (US)
10 de mayo Mother’s Day in Mexico!! Look for special menus at your favorite dining spots!
May 15th – 16th Two day golf clinic @ The Links of Las Palomas Beach & Golf Resort
May 21st – 23rd* Arrival of the Mexican Navy’s Cuauhtemoc training ship in celebration of the Navy’s Bicentennial! *Dates subject to change
May 29th Mermaids Market season Finale!! @ Shrimp Park
May 28th – 29th Desert Jazz Festival 2021 w/outdoor performances @ Puesta del Sol Patio at Hotel Playa Bonita & El Tapeo Wine Bar at Laos Mar Best Western
June 6th – Election Day (mayor, governor, representatives) *NOTE: “Dry law” generally in effect day prior and on election day (no alcohol sales)
June 10th – 14th Circus Mexicus 2021 – Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers
Save the dates!
Manny’s Country Bash 2021 July 16th – 18th
The 20th Anniversary Rocky Point Rally (postponed from 2020) Nov. 11 – 14, 2021 More details to come!
Be sure to check out the Event Calendar as we continue to update.
Got info on an event?
If you have information you’d like to add, please let us know at email@example.com Office: 638 690 3245, cell: 638 380 8849, or from the US: 480-282-4226 For weekend rundown announcements, please get them to us one week in advance (preferably)…though the earlier the better! Thursday deadline to be included in Sunday rundown Don’t forget to subscribe to RockyPoint360.com to get all our articles and announcements and/or Like us on Facebook at Rocky Point 360
¡Hasta la próxima! #MaskUpRP