Can you hear that? It’s just some of the traditions that would normally be ringing out across the city this time of year: Peregrinaciones (processions/pilgrimages for Virgen de Guadalupe). Posadas (Holiday parties). Piñatas. Ponche. Still, there’s plenty of holiday spirit around as we count down the rest of 2020, so let’s get to it.
Whether you find yourself in Rocky Point, or catching up on our beachside town from afar, we invite you to join in the holiday season by taking part in one or another of the several food, toy, blanket, and coat drives across the community. Be sure to visit our Holiday Giving Guide.
COVID FYI Rocky Point
Please keep in mind Puerto Peñasco anti-covid health guidelines remain in effect, and Sonora is still listed at “high alert” (orange). Border Hours (both ways) 6 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Citywide curfew is 11 pm – 6 am until further notice – (Siren issues two long blasts from atop City Hall) – This includes 11 pm closing of bars / restaurants / clubs
- Masks (nose/mouth coverings) required in vehicles when traveling with 2 or more people.
- Only 1 person per family may enter supermarkets / convenience stores at a time. NOTE: Some grocery stores have early “senior” hours – be sure to ask (generally 7 am – 9 am for adults over 65)
- Masks (nose/mouth coverings) required in all public spaces across Puerto Peñasco. Masks have now been mandated statewide.
- Beach Hours: 6 am – 7 pm / NO GLASS BOTTLES / Pack it in-pack it out (please take your trash) / Masks required when accessing the beach or interacting with vendors, though not in the water (brrrr, really?) or once you’ve claimed your spot on the sand
- Reduced capacities and health protocols remain in effect at area restaurants/bars
- Presently, there is no health filter when coming into town (removed early September)
- Event calendar* Times/events/venues subject to change based on city guidelines
Paint & Sip Sundays at El Tapeo Wine Bar 5:30 pm $25 US
Posole Sundays @ BooBar – Perfect comfort comida for diciembrrre!
Wednesdays – Paint & Sip Club now @ Cookiez Cantina 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm Find them online: https://www.facebook.com/paintsipclubpenasco
Thursday Sunset & Wine Flights @ Margarita Mermaids 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. (In December: 10th, and 17th) RSVP to MargaritaMermaidsReservations@gmail.com
Friday Seashell Museum – Every Friday 10 am – 5 pm Info: www.seashellmuseum.com
Specials @ The Crane at Islas del Mar
Wednesday special “fish tacos”, Thursday Chilaquiles 2 X 1, Sundays Mexican Buffet. HAPPY HOUR daily from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm.
For the Golfers out there!
New tee boxes on every hole challenge golfers in a whole new way!
Tee times: MX 638 383 0032 – 638 114 8974 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning a holiday get together? Check with the Crane for intimate holiday dining packages.
Dec 11th – 12th Rocky Point Golf Tournament – DIF fundraiser for educational scholarships – organized by Tekila Bar / Shark Bite / Manny’s Beach Club Information & final spots: 638 116 5340
Dec. 12th Tianguis Cultural Arts Fair on the malecón in the Old Port – starting from 10 a.m. – support our local artists!
Dec 12th Cholla Bay Christmas Parade – @ 7 pm departing from Club House parking lot. Get your lights on, line up, and drive through town throwing candy to the Cholla kids.
Dec 13th & 20th Christmas Market 11 am – 5 pm parking lot next to Thrifty’s in the Old Port
Dec 13th Fuzzion Music Experience @ Manny’s
Wrecked in December
Our December calendar looks a little different this year but we are still open Thursday-Monday with live music EVERY Friday-Sunday! We will be closed for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day but c’mon over for a good time on the 26th, doors open at 9am!
Mermaids Market Dec 19th 10 am – 3 pm @ Shrimp Plaza
Save the dates and cross your fingers!
Mermaids Market 2021 dates
Jan 15 – 17 Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers January Jam 2021 (ojalá) Lineups and ticket sales TBA
April 17th Rocky Point Triathlon at Las Palomas We wanted to confirm that we are planning to host the 25th Annual Rocky Point Triathlon at Las Palomas on April 17th, 2021. We feel confident that we will be able to host the event safely and still have a ton of fun as you all expect. For those registered in 2020, you’re automatically registered for 2021. Open registration to begin soon
Be sure to check out the Event Calendar as we continue to update.
Got info on an event?
If you have information you’d like to add, please let us know at email@example.com Office: 638 690 3245, cell: 638 380 8849, or from the US: 480-282-4226 For weekend rundown announcements, please get them to us one week in advance (preferably)…though the earlier the better! Don’t forget to subscribe to RockyPoint360.com to get all our articles and announcements and/or Like us on Facebook at Rocky Point 360
¡Hasta la próxima! #MaskUpRP