This week’s rundown sponsored by Beach Bum on the malecón
So, in case there were any doubt, summer officially ushered itself into Peñasco under a full strawberry moon and temps hovering somewhere around 100° or so. Still, soft breezes off the Sea of Cortez accompany evening sunsets as we ease into summer. Let’s run down the weekend, drink lots of ….. agua, and stay in the shade!
Tiburones Baseball 2016 – Game time approximately 7:30 p.m Tickets: 40 pesos for bleachers / 60 pesos for seats behind bullpens and home plate. Upcoming home games: June 21st – 23rd vs. Tecate / June 28th – 30th vs. Caborca Check the schedule at: Rol de Juegos
June 24th & 25th Moonbase @ Boo Bar 8 pm – 11 pm reggae and funk straight from AZ
June 25th Sea Merchants IRISH Rock! @ Beach Bum on the malecón 4 pm – 7 pm
July 1st – DL Marble @ Banditos 9 p.m.
July 2nd – The 5th Annual Sonoran Resorts Las Vegas Night for Charity – Tickets at Sonoran Sky sales office
CEDO Wet Feet Ocean Camp July 2nd – 6th (ages 10-14)
The Hourglass Cats July 1st thru 3rd @ BooBar
Pinacate Summer Camp “Pinacatitos” July 4th – 9th ages 8-12 Info: email@example.com
Summer Camp @ the Biblioteca – July 4th – 29th Info @ Public Library across from City Hall
- Tuesdays – Natural History Talk [English 2 pm] / Plática de Historia Natural [español 4 pm] @ CEDO
- 4 p.m. Connection Club happy hour on the patio at Puesta del Restaurant @ Playa Bonita
- ¡A comer! Paella night @ El Tapeo Wine Bar at Laos Mar Best Western (next to Playa Bonita)
- ¡A bailar Salsa! 10 p.m.(ish…or later) with Agua de Coco now @ El Tapeo Wine Bar (Laos Mar Hotel) [yep, still paella night!]
- Karoake night @ Beach Bum on the malecón!
- The Accent Show 106.1 FM now from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Catch Sami with Felix Rincón to hear all about what’s up in Rocky Point! Plus on Mondays, folks from the local American Legion join Felix for the show. Listen in online at: Los 40 Puerto Peñasco
- Stablefore SKINS game @ The Links golf course at Las Palomas 2 p.m.* (*time may vary) Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturdays – Plática de Historia Natural [español 2 pm] / Natural History Talk [English 4 pm] / @ CEDO
Get out on the water!
Eco Fun Rentals: email@example.com
Peñasco Recreation Co. – city tours, adventures around Puerto Peñasco and beyond! firstname.lastname@example.org www.penascorecreation.com
NaturArte EcoTours of the Intercultural Center for the Study of Deserts and Oceans – See the CEDO Events Calendar for more info. Be sure to email them early to reserve your spot! CEDO’s WET FEET Ocean Camp coming in July!
Pinacate Schuk Toak Visitors Center of the Pinacate and Grand Desert of Altar Biosphere Reserve –The self-sustaining Visitors Center of the UNESCO World Heritage Site Pinacate Biosphere Reserve offers ample parking, AC, informative museum, and terrific AV hall showing videos about this expansive, magical, wondrous area filled with moving dunes, ancient lava flows, and maar craters. Km. 52 Carretera Federal Sonoyta – Puerto Peñasco
Biology Station Tel: (638) 383-1433 y 105 80 16 Schuk Toak Visitors Center Tel: (638) 108-0011 E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
CineMartes Tuesday Art Film Night
8 p.m./8:30 p.m. on patio of Café Puerto Viejo in the Old Port – No cost, bring a chair
Oct. 10th – 14th – 2016 Hobie 16/18 NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP
Festival Internacional Cervantino – Peñasco site (dates TBD)
Oct. 21st – 23 Angler of the Year Phase II (JJ’s Cantina)
Oct. 22nd – Over the Line Softball (Info @ JJ’s Cantina in Cholla Bay)
Oct. 21st-23rd Oktoberfest Golf Tournament @ Vidanta Golf / Mayan Palace Info & Registration: AGA Office 602-944-3035
Oct. 29th – Corn Hole tourney – Santa Claus fundraiser (Info @ JJ’s Cantina in Cholla Bay) Pre-registration forms available
If you have information you’d like to add, please let us know at email@example.com Office: 383 1804, cell: 638 380 8849, or from the US: 480-282-4226 For weekend rundown announcements, please get them to us one week in advance (preferably)…though the earlier the better! Don’t forget to subscribe to RockyPoint360.com to get all our articles and announcements and/or Like us on Facebook at Rocky Point 360