JUNE! Such a highly anticipated month – whether due to the upcoming XXIV edition of Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers Circus Mexicus, golf tournaments, and of course Sunday’s elections! Here in Puerto Peñasco – and Sonora – elections are being held for Mayor, State Representative, and Governor. IMPORTANT: As per official decree, a “dry law” will be in effect JUNE 6TH and JUNE 7th (from the first minute of Saturday through the last minute of Sunday) – this means NO alcohol sales across the country due to the elections. Plan accordingly.
There’s lots going on, so let’s get to it and run down the DRY weekend!
Getting to and around town
– Movement has begun just north of town at the “intersection” of the Sonoyta-Peñasco Highway and turn off toward Laguna del Mar/Laguna Shores and Mayan Palace. Work in this area is focusing on an overpass to help increase safety along this stretch. Stay alert for detours.
– Part of Blvd. Juarez when coming into town is OPEN. Remain alert at stop light as traffic is now more active at that intersection and that particular spot has seen better days (linking Blvd. Juarez to Blvd. Josefa Ortiz and Blvd. Samuel Ocaña).
– Road work in front of City Hall is moving along quickly with the recent opening up of Blvd. Juarez and Calle Luis Encinas (near movie theater) toward the Old Port.
– Some road “patching” work is taking place on the highway East of town toward Mayan Palace. DRIVE CAREFULLY!
June 5th – 6th Destiny Dance Academy – New York New York – summer show! Pre-sale 90 pesos /100 pesos @ the door June 5th @ 8 p.m. June 6th @ 7 p.m. Municipal Auditorium
June 6th – Playbacks Night @ Puerto Peñasco Expo Convention Center * red carpet 5 – 7 p.m. * show @ 7 p.m. 60 pesos
¡BIENVENIDOS! June 8th – 13th Utah Rotary District 5420 District Conference in Puerto Peñasco! Utahrotary.org
June 12th – 14th Bunker to Bunker THE Golf Show – Mayan Palace Beach & Golf Tourney – Ever wanted to golf on a Jack Nicklaus course and rock out to RCPM on the same day? Now you can! The Mayan Palace and Bunker to Bunker have a great deal for their two man scramble tourney on Saturday June 13th. Information: http://www.bunkergolf.com/
June 11th – 14th XXIV RCPM Circus Mexicus! www.circusmexicus.net
Wed – @ Banditos 5 – 8 p.m. Will Call / Ticket sale
Thursday June 11th @ JJ’s Cantina starting @ 3 p.m.
- Will Call / Tickets @ Banditos 1 – 5 p.m. @ JJ’s 6 – 9 p.m.
- Shurman & Friends, Shawn Johnson, Ghetto Cowgirl, Dead Hot Workshop, Shurman, Jim Dalton w/Shurman $10 US with proceeds for Esperanza para los Niños Children’s Home
Friday June 12th
- 4 pm Zubia Bros. @ Banditos
- Main Gate opens @ 6 p.m. The Jons, The Black Moods, Shurman, Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers
- After concert – Whiskey’s Quicker @ Banditos
- Will Call / Tickets 1 – 5 p.m. @ Banditos / 6 – 11 p.m. @ Main Stage Gate
Saturday June 13th
- Rock n’ Soccer in front of Princesa – Music @12:30 Shawn Johnson
- 3 p.m. Shurman @ Beach Bum on the malecon
- 2 p.m. @ Banditos – Jim Dalton, Elvis Before Noon, Banana Gun
- Main Gate opens @ 6 p.m. The Strolling Bones, Dead Hot Workshop, The Pistoleros, Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers
- After Concert – The Black Moods and Banana Gun @ Banditos
- Will Call / Tickets 2 – 5 p.m. @ Banditos / 6 – 11 p.m. @ Main Stage Gate
Sunday June 14th @ JJ’s Cantina starting @ 11 a.m.
- Shawn Johnson, Whiskey’s Quicker, Ghetto Cowgirl, The Pistoleros, The Black Moods
- 5:30 p.m. @ Banditos – Banana Gun, Elvis Before Noon
June 13th – “Run Wally Run” 10K Polio Plus Challenge – Utah Rotary District 5420 6 a.m. (departing from Las Palomas)
June 13th – Over the Line Softball Info – contact John Fowler 620-840-1528 OTL Fall coming October 24
June 13th – Mermaids Market Summer session @ Sonoran Spa Lobby 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
June 13th – Old Boys Social Club – Summer Steak Fry @ Cholla Community Clubhouse 6 p.m. OBSC Members $10 US / Guests $15 US
June 13th – Rock Tribute @ El Tapeo Wine Bar 9 p.m. with proceeds from tickets to benefit Academia de Música de Puerto Peñasco
June 14th – Charity Rubber Ducky Race – fundraiser for Adopt a Classroom Info and to become a ducky sponsor, contact Barb at: Mex: 383-4963 Cel: 044 638-114-2406 US: 602-324-9529 email@example.com
June 14th – 80KM Bike Race from City Hall to Pinacate Visitors Center departs 7:30 a.m. from in front of City Hall – mountan bikes, racing bikes, all welcome (bring a helmet!) XIV Bike Race celebrating World Environment Day & Pinacate Biosphere Reserve
June 19th – David Aguilar en concierto @ ITSPP auditorium 8 p.m. 150 pesos
CEDO Wet Feet Camp (English) June 11th – 15th / Bilingual Camp July 2nd – 6th Info: cedointercultural.org Sign up or help sponsor a scholarship for local kids! Info & Registration: http://www.cedointercultural.org/content/view/105/104/lang,en/
4th of July! – 4th Annual Sonoran Resorts Las Vegas Night for Charity Tickets available beginning May 10th: by calling the Sonoran Resorts sales office at (from the U.S.): 602-476-7511; or from Mexico: 638-382-8187; Email Director of Sales and Marketing, Jim Ringquist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NaturArte EcoTours of the Intercultural Center for the Study of Deserts and Oceans – See the CEDO Events Calendar for more info. Be sure to email them early to reserve your spot!
Free Natural History Talks @ CEDO: Tuesdays 2 p.m. (English) 4 p.m. (Español) & Saturdays 2 p.m. (Español) 4 p.m. (English)
Pinacate Schuk Toak Visitors Center of the Pinacate and Grand Desert of Altar Biosphere Reserve –The self-sustaining Visitors Center of the UNESCO World Heritage Site Pinacate Biosphere Reserve offers ample parking, AC, informative museum, and terrific AV hall showing videos about this expansive, magical, wondrous area filled with moving dunes, ancient lava flows, and maar craters. Km. 52 Carretera Federal Sonoyta – Puerto Peñasco
Biology Station Tel: (638) 383-1433 y 105 80 16
Schuk Toak Visitors Center Tel: (638) 108-0011
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
CineMartes Tuesday Art Film Nights
8/8:30 p.m. on patio of Café Puerto Viejo in the Old Port – No cost, bring a chair
…into the Fall
Car races – Sept. 25th – 26th Point to Point by Southern Arizona Desert Racing racesadr.com
Hobie Cat Piñata Regatta – Oct. 10th – 11th (Fleet 66 & Fleet 514)
Beach Volleyball! Nov. 7th Funkalicious Volleyball
15th Anniversary Rocky Point Rally™ – November 11th – 15th The Greatest Motorcycle Fiesta Just South of the Border! www.rockypointrally.com
Looking for upcoming events in Rocky Point? Check out our Event Calendar! If you have information you’d like to add, please let us know at email@example.com Office: 383 1804, cell: 638 380 8849, or from the US: 480-282-4226 For weekend rundown announcements, please get them to us one week in advance (preferably)…though the earlier the better! Don’t forget to subscribe to RockyPoint360.com to get all our articles and announcements and/or Like us on Facebook at Rocky Point 360