“Great Coastal Clean-Up of the northern Gulf of California” event this Saturday! October 27th!
If you want to participate in Puerto Peñasco at the CEDO / Las Conchas Clean-Up site: we will be meeting at the CEDO field station’s main Agustín Cortez building at 8am sharp on Saturday morning, October 27th, 2018.
If you would like to participate at an alternative site (near Puerto Peñasco) with one of our Peñasco-Lobos Biological & Fisheries Corridor communities, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
All participants, please:
- Download the Ocean Conservancy’s “Clean Swell Application” onto your smart phone if you have not already. Have a millennial help you if you do not know how;) The poster and link to the tutorial video below will help guide you!
- Arrive at your pre-identified clean-up site (or at CEDO) at 8 am with your team and present yourself for registration. If you do not have the Clean Swell App you will be given data collection sheets instead.
- You and your team will be given gloves + bags / sacks, but please bring:
- hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, long sleeves, a camera, close-toed shoes, water, snacks, a first-aid kit (if you have one) and a fun bit of clothing that makes you stand out for this year’s theme: “#SuitUpToCleanUp”.
- Event t-shirts will be available at CEDO. By purchasing an event t-shirt, tote bag, and/or water bottle you are sponsoring our local clean-up teams. We hope that all participants will buy a t-shirt!
- At each site, a site-manager will welcome you and explain the work dynamics: we will clean for about an hour and then deposit the bags in a specific location for pick-up by ZOFEMAT.
- The site-manager will thank you and recognize each institution or group of people that are participating – please stick around for a group photo at your site after the clean-up in front of your collected trash.
- Extra clean-up materials can be returned at CEDO or to your site-manager.
- Please bring a smile and a hearty appetite for cleaning up the marine environment, and please take lots of pictures and send them to email@example.com. If you would like to bring coffee, juice, fruit, or another snack for your site’s team, feel free:)
If you have any questions please email:
Puerto Peñasco: firstname.lastname@example.org
San Felipe: email@example.com
Or call CEDO at 011-526-38-382-0113
Alan (CEDO clean-up site manager’s) cell phone is 520-858-5617