Enjoy Semana Santa in Puerto Peñasco and keep these important points in mind:
Fines and Infractions
- Payment of fines should only be done DIRECTLY at the Municipal Treasury Module AT THE POLICE STATION, or at the Treasury office itself located at Blvd. Kino and Blvd. Benito Juarez
- Discounts on fines or infractions are only applied on payments made at the appropriate Treasury office
- When payment is made within 24 hours at the appropriate Treasury office, you have the right to a 50% discount
- Judges, Police, or other Public Servants are not authorized to give discounts or cancel fines, except for that expressed in point #3.
- Ask for your receipt for any future clarification
- You are considered innocent until evidence demonstrates the opposite.
- You have the right to declare, or remain silent.
- You have the right to a telephone call in order to communicate with a family member or trusted person so they may be present.
- You have the right to being presented before a competent authority in a timely manner.
- Your individual guarantees do not permit for you to be physically or psychologically aggravated.
- If you are detained or taken before a competent authority, this must only be done in official police vehicles.
- You have the right to be treated courteously and kindly by all Public Servants.
- For more information related with Public Safety, visit the offices located at Blvd. José López Portillo between Puerto Escondido and Puerto de la Paz s/n. (Approximately one block north of Sam’s)
- Complaints and Grievances – Contact the Municipal Comptroller firstname.lastname@example.org Or visit the Municipal Comptroller on the ground floor of City Hall at the intersection of Blvd. Fremont and Blvd. Benito Juarez during business hours.
Anonymous Reports 088
Municipal Police 383-2626
Mexican Red Cross 383-2266
General Hospital 102-0417 and 102-1423
Fire Department 383-2828
State Investigative Police (PEI) 383-2783
Civil Protection 383-6868
Naval Sector 383-2603
Public District Attorney 383-2717
IMSS (Social Security Hospital) 383-2777
Convention and Visitors Bureau 388-0444
Office for Tourism Assistance – Oficina de Asistencia al Turista Mex: 638 386 9081 US: 602 512 1601
Help us ensure a safe Semana Santa!