April showers bring what…? Better yet, April sunshine brings busy weekends and more activity to town…oh, did we mention music? April’s South of the Border songwriter fest, additional solo shows by Roger Clyne, and a growing local music scene are raising the curtain on even more events as we ease toward summer.
Currently, health protocols to prevent additional spread of Covid remain in place across the city – but what a difference a year makes, ¿qué no? So, stay well, get out your calendars and let’s run down what’s up in Rocky Point! #MaskUpRP #CoastalDistance
Keep in mind!
- Curfew note: Nightly curfew set to go back to 11 p.m. after this weekend (stay tuned for updates)
- Masks required in all public spaces in Rocky Point, and if there are 2 or more people in a car
- Reduced capacities at restaurants and businesses still in effect. Very common in stores and restaurants to be greeted with a temperature check / sanitizing gel.
- Negative Covid tests are not currently required when coming/going from Mexico – Local businesses encouraged to provide discounts (at their discretion) to individuals that show proof of Covid vaccine or of a negative Covid test (within 3 days of result)
- Only essential travel indication at US/Mexico/Canadian land borders has been extended until at least April 21st. NOTE: To date, Mexican officials have not enforced this at the Sonoyta entry. However, only US citizens and/or permanent US residents with ID may cross into Lukeville *Some exceptions for medical/education/trade
**Upcoming Events subject to change due to Covid regulations**
Paint & Sip @ El Tapeo Wine Bar (Laos Mar/Best Western) $25 US
Bingo on the Beach @ Manny’s 1 p.m.
Paint & Sip club @ Cookiez Cantina – Reserve a spot and check for weekend opportunities Follow them on FB for dates, times and locations
Wine Night @ Margarita Mermaids Wine Flights & Tastings
The Seashell Museum (open Fridays) 10 am – 5 pm
Salsa night w/Agua de Coco @ El Tapeo
Live Music @ Cielito Lindo at Sonoran Sky
Rock w/Rojo @ El Tapeo
Oaxacan Artisans Market @ Shrimp Plaza through April 19th
April 17th Cornhole Tournament @ Manny’s Beach Club
April 17th Margarita & Tequila Fiesta @ Margarita Mermaids 5-7 pm No cover / Space is limited firstname.lastname@example.org
April 17th Cabalgata Costera – Coastal Ride by local riders’ clubs – starting at 11 a.m. from in front of Fire Department
April 21st – 26th SOB Songwriters Festival – South of the Border
Ready for some S.O.B. (South Of the Border) fun? We’re calling on all our friends to join us in beautiful Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point) Mexico Wednesday April 21 through Monday April 26 2021 for our fifth annual SOB Songwriter’s Festival!
April 22nd Enrique Lerma Fashion Show @ El Tapeo Tickets 100 pesos – includes glass of wine 6 p.m.
April 23rd – 24th Roger Clyne Live @ Banditos
April 24th – 25th Amateur Players Tour 2021 Golf Tournament @ The Links at Las Palomas Beach & Golf Resort
¡April 30th Children’s Day in Mexico!
April 30th Pool Party @ Laguna Shores 12 pm – 6 pm Open to the Public
Cinco de Mayo Regatta 2021 April 30th – May 2nd http://www.fleet66.com/#article3
May 1st Sol y Playa Golf Tournament @ The Links at Las Palomas Registration and info: email@example.com to benefit DIF Municipal Scholarship Program
May 1st – 2nd Rocky Point Mexico “Legacy” Doubles Beach Volleyball by Outtatown Productions
May 1st Funkalicious Beach Ball “Rocky Point 25” www.funkvolley.com
May 1st Nunca Jamas @ Boo Bar
May 7th – 8th *New Date* Tequila 150 by Southern Arizona Desert Racing
May 8th – 9th Rocky Point Mexico “Legacy” Coed quads Beach Volleyball by Outtatown Productions
May 9th Mother’s Day (US)
10 de mayo Mother’s Day in Mexico!! Look for special menus at your favorite dining spots!
May 29th Mermaids Market season Finale!! @ Shrimp Park
June 6th – Election Day (mayor, governor, representatives) *NOTE: “Dry law” generally in effect day prior and on election day (no alcohol sales)
June 10th – 14th Circus Mexicus 2021 – Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers
Save the date!
Manny’s Country Bash 2021 July 16th – 18th
Be sure to check out the Event Calendar as we continue to update.
Got info on an event?
If you have information you’d like to add, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 638 690 3245, cell: 638 380 8849, or from the US: 480-282-4226 For weekend rundown announcements, please get them to us one week in advance (preferably)…though the earlier the better! Thursday deadline to be included in Sunday rundown Don’t forget to subscribe to RockyPoint360.com to get all our articles and announcements and/or Like us on Facebook at Rocky Point 360
¡Hasta la próxima! #MaskUpRP