This is it! The final rundown for 2020! We made it…and 2021 is almost here! Whether your New Year’s traditions include champagne toasts, 12 grapes at midnight, black-eyed peas, or donning red underwear for good luck, it may be time to double-up your efforts as we leave 2020 behind us. With an 11 p.m. citywide curfew still in effect, many spots will be celebrating the New Year from different time zones given that, as Margarita Mermaids reminds us, it’s 12 o’clock somewhere. ¡Próspero Año Nuevo!
Don’t miss the 1st Mermaid’s Market of the year on Jan. 2nd!! @ Shrimp Plaza 10 am – 3 pm www.mermaidsmarket.com
COVID FYI Rocky Point
- Border Hours (both ways) 6 a.m. – 8 p.m. (Only US citizens / US permanent residents can enter U.S. at Sonoyta/Lukeville land entry)
- Masks (nose/mouth coverings) required in all public spaces across Puerto Peñasco.
- Citywide curfew is 11 pm – 6 am until further notice – (Siren issues two long blasts from atop City Hall) – This includes 11 pm closing of bars / restaurants / clubs
- At several supermarkets / convenience stores – only 1 person per family may enter at a time. NOTE: Some grocery stores have early “senior” hours – be sure to ask (generally 7 am – 9 am for adults over 65)
- Beaches are open – closure 7 p.m. NO GLASS BOTTLES / Pack it in-pack it out (please take your trash) / Masks required when accessing the beach or interacting with vendors
- Reduced capacities and health protocols remain in effect at area restaurants/bars
- Presently, there is no health filter when coming into town (removed early September)
- Event calendar* Times/events/venues subject to change based on city guidelines
New Year’s Eve ideas
Margarita Mermaids – Special menu plus Mexican or Spanish coffee and live music. Two seatings 4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. with a champagne toast at the end of each show. Reservations: MargaritaMermaidsReservations@gmail.com
Al Capone’s Seafood & Pizzeria Holiday menu – through Jan. 3rd
Manny’s Beach Club (Advance reservations required) NEW YEARS EVE 2021…..FINALLY!!! Celebrating on East coast time – doors open at 5:30 p.m. *Reservations and pre-payment are REQUIRED and will be allocated on a first come basis ($s in hand).
Mare Blu firstname.lastname@example.org
Puesta del Sol Restaurant @ Playa Bonita – Reservations: 638 383 2157
Steak & Cheese (in front of Peñasco del Sol hotel)
Or…. give Ramón a call and he’ll pick up what you need Delivered straight to you! Call Ramón at Quick Delivery
Posole Sundays @ BooBar
Wednesdays – Paint & Sip Club now @ Cookiez Cantina 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm Find them online: https://www.facebook.com/paintsipclubpenasco
Returning in January – Thursday Sunset & Wine Flights @ Margarita Mermaids 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. RSVP to MargaritaMermaidsReservations@gmail.com
Friday Seashell Museum – Every Friday 10 am – 5 pm Info: www.seashellmuseum.com
Specials @ The Crane at Islas del Mar
Wednesday special “fish tacos”, Thursday Chilaquiles 2 X 1, Sundays Mexican Buffet. HAPPY HOUR daily from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm.
For the Golfers out there!
New tee boxes on every hole challenge golfers in a whole new way!
Tee times: MX 638 383 0032 – 638 114 8974 email: email@example.com
Save the dates and cross your fingers!
Feb. 12th – 14th Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers January Jam 2021 – Moved to Presidents Day Weekend Lineups and ticket sales TBA
April 17th Rocky Point Triathlon at Las Palomas We wanted to confirm that we are planning to host the 25th Annual Rocky Point Triathlon at Las Palomas on April 17th, 2021. We feel confident that we will be able to host the event safely and still have a ton of fun as you all expect. For those registered in 2020, you’re automatically registered for 2021. Registration open now!
Be sure to check out the Event Calendar as we continue to update.
Got info on an event?
If you have information you’d like to add, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 638 690 3245, cell: 638 380 8849, or from the US: 480-282-4226 For weekend rundown announcements, please get them to us one week in advance (preferably)…though the earlier the better! Don’t forget to subscribe to RockyPoint360.com to get all our articles and announcements and/or Like us on Facebook at Rocky Point 360
¡Hasta la próxima! #MaskUpRP #HappyNewYear #2021 #hindsightIS2020