77 °F Puerto Penasco, MX
October 20, 2019

2019 Summer Season in Puerto Peñasco welcomes nearly 700,000 visitors

 By José Antonio Pérez

Following ten weeks of the 2019 summer season, Puerto Peñasco has hosted close to 640,000 tourists, reported Puerto Peñasco Convention & Visitors Bureau (OCV) Héctor Vázquez del Mercado. While the past years’ tendency of ongoing growth in tourism numbers may not be fully met this summer, Vázquez del Mercado still anticipated overall data to match the 700 thousand tourists registered in Puerto Peñasco in 2018.

The OCV President indicated hotel and resort occupation percentages in Puerto Peñasco from the end of May through the end of July in 2019 have also mirrored those registered last year, amounting to an estimated 670 million pesos in revenue for the area.

Vázquez del Mercado detailed summer tourism in Puerto Peñasco from June to mid-July 2019 reflected 70% coming from the United States, and a remaining 30% coming from within Mexico. From the latter half of July to August, American tourism dropped to 60%, while National tourism grew to 40%.

The OCV President urged tourism service providers to promote necessary strategies to sustain visitor numbers in what remains of the traditional summer season, and particularly in anticipation of the upcoming US Labor Day weekend.

Comments

comments

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: