- Event Calendar
- Business Directory
- Travel Info
- Things to do
- Rocky Lounge
Any place with a calendar of events for this weekend? Does RP360 have one? Lots going on, it’s just spread all over!
This message greeted me this morning as I sat down to a second cup of coffee, shortly after leaving my customary morning stomping grounds near the Old Port. Why yes, there is a calendar of events on Rocky Point 360 – glad you asked. When in doubt, check here: Upcoming Events
Indeed, there are lots of activities this weekend so let’s get right to it. As always, we invite folk to send us information about upcoming events (with as much lead in as possible) so we can help get the word out. We also scour social networks, local papers, newsletters, and tips from general folk to help update our calendar on a (mostly) daily basis.
Feb. 13th – Yes, we’re starting the 3-day weekend a little early
Grand Finale of the 1st Music Contest for Groups and Soloists – a production of Radiorama Sol FM 106.1 and La Tremenda 96.5 Tickets at the door $30 pesos 6 p.m. Quinta Ventura
A toast to the new offices of Rocky Point 360! Plaza Pelicanos (next to CANACO) upstairs from Yummi Salads. 8 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Feb. 14th – Valentine’s Day
All local golf courses are offering special discounts throughout the weekend! Be sure to grab your clubs and enjoy a round for the love of golf!
There are plenty of dinner, music, and romantic evening specials all over town. Check with your favorite spot! If you’re not up for cooking a romantic five course meal on your own, here are a few nearby suggestions (what we’ve gleaned mostly from social networks):
– Citrón at Las Palomas Beach & Golf Resort 5 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. Reservations recommended
– Miguel’s at Peñasco del Sol – Special Japanese Valentine’s Day menu
– Beach Bum with the music of Agua de Coco – Valentine’s Dinner from 5:30 p.m. Reservations recommended (Live music from 9:30 p.m – 1:30 a.m.)
– Caribbean Parrot (plus they’ve got Mark Mulligan on Sunday, the 16th)!
– Sonoran Sky (though we believe this is sold out) with the soothing sax tunes of Richard Scott
– El Tapeo Wine & Tapas bar at Laos Mar Hotel
– Giuseppi’s on Blvd. Fremont with new Italian nights and lots of love
– Latitude 31 – Steak & Lobster courses – By reservation only
– Pane e Vino Italian & International cuisine – special menu for Valentine’s Day – reservations recommended
– Puesta del Sol Restaurant at Playa Bonita with live music by Rigo Suave – 3 course dinner special
– Chef Mickey’s on Blvd. Fremont – reservations recommended
– Mare Blu Ristorante – Valentine’s Specials good through end of the month
– Don Julio Bar & Grill – Valentine’s Day Specials
– Crazy Ed’s Satisfied Frog – Opening night for this new sunset bar & restaurant on the far end of the Malecón
– The Lighthouse on the top of Whale Hill – also featuring the Lighthouse Lounge upstairs
Taste of Peñasco 2014 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Plaza del Camarón and part of Blvd. Fremont (next to City Hall) Chef competition starts at 11 a.m. / raffle prizes / food booths / music / dance competition
Mardi Gras in Cholla Bay ! Yes, Mardi Gras technically is in March this year, but who’s counting? Throw on some beads and don a few feathers and take in the Mardi Gras parade at 4 p.m. and then dinner at the Old Boys Social Club at 6 p.m. All are welcome! Members $10 US Guests $15
Gran Noche Bohemia Pan y Vino – 7 p.m. – 2 a.m. An evening of music, wine, and good times in fundraising efforts for the Rolling Rockies wheelchair basketball team who are readying to host the league’s season opener the first weekend of March. INAPAM Salón – From Benito Juarez take the street on the South side of the baseball stadium (Adolfo Lopez Mateos) head East 5 blocks and turn right, and it is just after you turn the corner.
Registration begins for Toma Color (Register from Feb. 15 – March 15) This colorful 5K fun run is set for March 30 Registration 200 pesos at Puerto Viejo Café Tostadores in the Old Port (across from Thrifty)
Mark Mulligan is back in town! The Caribbean Parrot Restaurant and Bar is hosting Mark with music from Jesse Gerardo starting at 4 p.m. The $10.00 admission fee provides a donation for the construction/completion fund for the Buen Samaritano Church in San Rafael with Pastor Edgar Cabrera. You can make reservations at Caribbean Parrot directly.
Alternative rock group Los García @ El Tapeo Reservations and pre-tickets recommended
* The Liga Sonora Wheelchair Basketball season opening tournament will be hosted by Los Rolling Rockies here in Puerto Penasco on March 1st & 2nd / Powered by Mexican Moonshine
* Mermaid’s Market (1st and 15th)
* Sand wave Grand Prix Races on the beach (March 1st)
* 59th Annual Fishing Derby (March 13-16 / April 11 – 13 / May 2 – 4 / May 22 – 24 CBSC)
* Spring Break Sand Drags (March 15)
* AZ Spring Breaks (March 9 – 16 / 15 – 23)
* 2014 AGA Member Weekend Tournament at the Peninsula course of Mayan Palace (March 22 – 23)
* Dirty Beach Mud Run (March 29)
* Over the Line Softball (March 29)
* Toma Color Run (5K of colorful fun (March 30)
April: 7th Annual Horseshoe Tournament – Cholla Bay Sportsmen’s Club, Semana Santa / Holy Week Celebrations 13 – 20, Mermaid’s Market (5th & 19th), Easter Bocce in Las Conchas (Community Relations Committee), Funkalicious Volleyball (April 12 @ Sonoran Sun), ATMC Skate event (end of Semana Santa), Rocky Point Triathlon at Las Palomas (April 26) JJ’s Bathtub Races (April 26)
May: JJ’s Chili Cook-off (May 3), Uniting Nation’s Cup at Peninsula golf course of Mayan Palace (May 15 – 18), JJ’s One Club Open (May 17 [also Oct. 25]), ….
June: Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers Circus Mexicus 2014 June 5 – 8!
Looking for upcoming events in Rocky Point? Check out our Event Calendar! If you have information you’d like to add, please let us know at email@example.com or cell: 638 380 8849, or from the US: 480-282-4226 For weekend rundown announcements, please get them to us one week in advance (preferably)…though the earlier the better! Don’t forget to subscribe to RockyPoint360.com to get all our articles and announcements and/or Like us on Facebook at Rocky Point 360. Remember to swing by our new digs to say hi, or we’ll meet you downstairs for coffee!