- Event Calendar
- Business Directory
- Travel Info
- Things to do
- Rocky Lounge
The community of Puerto Peñasco has responded like never before, and is still being called on to help with donations for those who this week lost both loved ones and all their belongings to a fire that enveloped their home in the early hours of Monday, June 20th.
The fire, which occurred at the home located at Abasolo 174 between Melchor Ocampo and Nicolas Bravo in the center of town and caused apparently by a short-circuit in the AC unit, sadly took the lives of three young children from two of the three families residing there.
Numerous collection sites, and fundraising methods, have been established to receive donations both in cash and in kind to assist the families. This has included funds from the City in covering funeral costs, and drop off spots for donations at the Fire Department on Blvd. Fremont, and at a home on Abasolo precisely across from where the fire occurred.
Family members of those affected indicated the families intend to rebuild on the same spot where the three families lived, and principally remaining needs include an air-conditioning unit as well, funds, and clothing: Men size 38-40, Women size L, girl’s clothing (12 yrs.), boy’s clothing (11 yrs), and clothing for 6 month old as well as diapers (size 3).