High Summer Expectations in Puerto Peñasco

By José Antonio Pérez

Positive results over Semana Santa, plus current reservations for U.S. Memorial Day at the end of May, are factors that once again reaffirm positive expectations for Summer tourism to Puerto Peñasco, remarked Héctor Vázquez del Mercado, President of the Puerto Peñasco Convention and Visitors Bureau (OCV).

In looking at data from the first four months of 2017, detailed Vázquez del Mercado, they anticipate at least a 5% growth in the number of summer visitors, particularly from the  Mexican market, as this has shown to have enormous potential during the months of July and August.  He emphasized the importance of this, as 5% growth overall will be reflected in 15% to 20% increases in hotel/lodging stays on average.

Along with a focus on national tourism, the OCV is putting efforts into boosting tourism promotion abroad, and principally in the Arizona and California markets.

The OCV President added that along with promotional campaigns, it will be fundamental the city can guarantee basic services over the summer, such as water supply, in preventing shortages such as that which occurred just before Semana Santa.

It’s worth noting, according to data from OCV, Puerto Peñasco received approximately 626,000 tourists during the Summer of 2016, representing a 6% net increase in the flow of visitors, and economic revenue of over 620 million pesos.

Comments

comments

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply