- Event Calendar
- Business Directory
- Travel Info
- Things to do
- Rocky Lounge
10 de mayo – Mother’s Day in Mexico. This is perhaps one of the most important dates on the calendar. While there are no parades going through town, as on Revolution Day in November, or bells ringing out across city plazas, as on Independence Day in September, el 10 de mayo is celebrated across Mexico and Latin America with flowers, serenades, gifts, and of course a special night out or family breakfast. Feliz día de las madres a todas las madres! In the U.S., we continue the celebrations of Mother’s Day on Sunday, May 12th, so Happy Mother’s Day to you all!
In addition to amazing days and nights at any of Rocky Point’s great beaches, here are our top ideas to help celebrate with Mom this weekend!
1. Take in a meal! Look for dinner and drink specials across town today, and through the weekend, in celebration of Mom! Live music is a sure plus at many of our favorite spots!
2. Spa! Spa! Spa! Peñasco’s spa options continue to grow, beckoning all to enjoy a moment of relaxation and peace along our desert/ocean shores.
3. NaturArte Tours with CEDO – this Mother’s Day weekend the Intercultural Center for the Study of Deserts and Oceans (CEDO) offers their weekly Saturday Natural History Talk (2 p.m. en español and 4 p.m. in English). On the 10th they were headed out for an Oyster Experience with local women’s Oyster Cooperatives and on Saturday, May 11th, there’s a chance to explore the Morua Estuary (9 am – 1 pm) or on Monday, the 13th, you may opt for Hiking the Sand Dunes at the Pinacate (7 am – 1 pm). Reservations and questions – contact CEDO: 382-0113 or in the US (520) 320-5473 firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Take Mom to the Pinacate! The new museum features at the Schuk Toak Visitors Center of the Pinacate Reserve offer an amazing tour through the volcanic landscape just beyond our shores. On Sunday, May 12th, the Roca JC cycling club will head to the Biological Station of the Pinacate for their 2nd Anniversary Bike Race through these lavascapes. The 44 KM race gets started at 8 AM, departing from the Biological Station (main entrance to Pinacate craters) at just 120 pesos for adults and 60 pesos or kids.
5. Take in a movie! CitiCinemas in town has 6 theaters offering movies for the entire family, dubbed in Spanish or in English with Spanish subtitles, plus 3D! For movie times, visit www.citicinemas.com Select city and once inn Puerto Peñasco, select “cartelera” (movie times) *subject to change*. Sub = subtitled (generally with Spanish subtitles) Dob = Dubbed in Spanish.
Happy Mother’s Day!
Tiburones Baseball – Check Schedule – next home games May 14th – 16th!
May 14 Uncommon Women on Common Ground *Special guest – Rocky Point 360*! Info: email@example.com
May 16 – 19 Uniting Nations Cup at Peninsula course of Mayan Palace
May 18 Mermaid’s Arts Market at Plaza del Camarón, Tequila 125 Off Road racing (SADR), Boxing event at the Juan Francisco “El Gallo” Estrada gym! We hear Peñasco’s own double flyweight World Boxing Champion may be on hand for pictures and autographs!
May 25 Sonoran Resorts 2nd Las Vegas Charity Night! Tickets now available at Sonoran Resorts! Plus, be sure to ask about the charity poker game!!
May 31 – June 2 7th Anniversary Las Palomas Golf Tournament
June 1 Día de la Marina
June 1 JJ’s Cantina Chili cook-off
June 6 – 9, 2013 Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers Circus Mexicus XXII
Father’s Day weekend – Fishing Tournament!
Coming in July – Rubber Ducky Race Community Center fundraiser!
Upcoming events? Check out our Event Calendar! If you have information you’d like to add, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 638-383-1804 (Hours Monday-Friday 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. / Plaza Fremont on Blvd. Juarez), cell: 638 380 8849, or from the US: 480-282-4226 For weekend rundown announcements, please get them to us at least by Monday-ish of that week…though the earlier the better! Don’t forget to subscribe to RockyPoint360.com to get all our articles and announcements and/or Like us on Facebook at Rocky Point 360.